Hours spent on all children of Epic with X Label

I have Epics with “X” Label. I want to be able to see a row on the left to drill down Issue: Epic–Stories–Subtasks, etc. to see the time logged against the parent epic with X Label? I can’t figure out how to get the Issues dimension to show only epics with X Label. Can you help?

Note: My issues have subtask hours that need to be included in this report

Hi,

please, check the documentation about the advanced feature of Issue link field dimensions: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/advanced-data-import-options/issue-link-field-dimensions

The following settings should create a new dimension where the Label is inherited from epics to all the lower levels in the epic hierarchy:

[[jira.issue_link_field_dimensions]]
name = "Epic Label"
source_dimension = "Label"
issue_id_column = "epic_id"
group = "Linked issue dimensions"

Kindly,

Hi!
I’m struggling to create the same report but using custom field. Is it possible with link dimension or through custom measure? I tried Eazybi epic report on time spent on child tickets ... but it calculates only hours spent on epic without stories and subtasks

Hi,

The feature of the link field dimensions does not work with custom fields. There is a limited number of dimensions mentioned in the documentation for which this feature can be applied.

You may check another solution for similar use case described here: Calculating Total user stories based on epics fields

Kindly,

Janis, eazyBI support