How can I find in what reports is a custom field being used?

Hi there.

Is there any way to get a list of the reports where a certain custom field is being used? I mean, I can import a number of custom fields into a cube and then decide to use only some of them in certain reports and some other fields in some different reports.

I can check all the custom fields that I have imported but, if I have a large ammount of reports, is there an easy way to get a list of [report/fields used in the report]?

thanks in advance.

In other words, I’d like to know if there’s a way to audit where the custom fields are being used, regarding eazyBI reports.

Hello,

Edit a calculated (user defined) member and there’s a link on the bottom of the dialog that is opened:

I am using EazyBI version 6.1.2.

Hope it helps!
Regards,
Vasile S.

2 Likes

Thank you! It helps, though not exactly what I was expecting.

Hi @newkid

With @VasileS suggestion, you can easily see in which reports specific measures are used so that, when you are modifying or deleting a measure, you will see which reports could be impacted by this change. Thanks, Vasile!

There is no built-in option to audit the fields, but there is a way how you could do it a bit faster.
Go to the Analyze tab and click the Export reports button. This will allow you to export all the report definitions to one text file, which you can then search by the names of these custom fields to find which reports are using them.

Best regards,
Nauris / eazyBI support

1 Like