How do I filter by Component and exclude subtask?

Firstly I would like to announce myself as a total beginner in MDX. I am trying to filter the issues by a component and exclude out all the subtasks.

May I know how can I achieve that?

Hello Jeff,

Start with using what is already available before jumping into custom calculations or customizations. It works faster and it is easier to debug. :slight_smile:

Here’s a (very) simple report that will hopefully solve your problem. I see there’s a “Component” dimension in your eazyBI account (there is also an “Issue component” in “Measures” that can be used).

{
  "cube_name": "Issues",
  "cube_reports": [ {
     "name": "tasks by component",
     "folder_name": "VasileS.playground",
     "result_view": "table",
     "definition": {"columns":{"dimensions":[{"name":"Measures","selected_set":["[Measures].[Issues created]"],"members":[]}]},"rows":{"dimensions":[{"name":"Component","selected_set":["[Component].[Component].Members"],"members":[],"bookmarked_members":[]}]},"pages":{"dimensions":[{"name":"Issue Type","selected_set":["[Issue Type].[All Issue Types]"],"members":[{"depth":1,"name":"Task","full_name":"[Issue Type].[Task]"}],"bookmarked_members":[],"current_page_members":["[Issue Type].[Task]"]}]},"options":{},"view":{"current":"table","maximized":false,"table":{"row_dimension_headers":{"Component":true}}},"calculated_members":[]}
  } ],
  "calculated_members": []
}

Kind regards,
Vasile S.

1 Like