How to access & calculate custom fields data?

Hi

I saved the author and creation time of a comment in a custom fields.
example data type is
[
{“cmt1_author” : “abc”, “cmt1_created” : 2023-09-01T10:00},
{“cmt2_author” : “def”, “cmt2_created” : 2023-09-01T11:00}
]
when the stored data is in a list format with each comment’s information stored as a dict,
How can i get the comment creation time (ex : cmt1_created, cmt2_created) ?

1 Like

Hi @dkei,

The MDX does not support looping through the value of an imported property field.​

The JavaScript-calculated fields might import the data and map it to the existing separate table single-select dimensions using the multiple_dimensions setting.
​Please see advanced settings for JavaScript calculated fields here - Advanced settings for custom fields.

​However, the provided field structure has inconsistent field names in the returned array of entries, thus restricting the processing of the data in a standardized manner.

Importing the timestamp of each comment creation as a separate custom field does not seem to be a viable option.
​​
​Regards,
​Oskars / support@eazyBI.com

Thank you for your response.

Now, I want to see the time spent by my team members on each issues, assumting the issue processing time is until the comment is made.
since other teams can comment on issues, how can we get the processing time for our team only?
If you have any ideas, please comment.

Hi @dkei,

The issue comment data does not hold further details about the comment author’s relation to the specific team. It would require excess maintenance of calculation in the long run if the members might change the team.

Please share the JSON data for one of the issues to the support e-mail.
You might get the issue JSON data in a following way -
Open an issue in Jira. Modify the URL of the issue replacing browse with rest/api/latest/issue and then add ?expand=changelog at the end of the URL. Save the JSON results of the issue as the file and send it to me.

Please also send the full detailed explanation of your workflow and what is considered to be a milestone of completed work to understand how that reflects in the issue raw data.

That might help to see if there is any reasonable way to find the required figures.

Regards,
Oskars / support@eazyBI.com