How to count closed issues that have not been in an amount of statuses

I would like to create a measure that counts all issues, that

• have been closed
  • never have been in a certain amount of statuses (e.g. “Review” and “In Progress”)

So in JQL it would be something like:

status NOT IN ("Review", "In Progress") AND status = "Done"

Any ideas? I was also looking for tutorials where i could find the answer myself but i failed on that attempt … So i also would be glad for some tutorials in regard of my problem.

Thanks in advance
Dennis

Hi @desc!

I imagine the JQL is not fully correct as you wish to see the “Review” and “In Progress” as historic statuses, but calculate this for all issues that are currently done.

To do this, you can import the issue change history in eazyBI and use the Transition status dimension to group the historic statuses:

Aggregate({
  [Transition Status].[In Progress],
  [Transition Status].[Review]
})

And then you can count how many of issues that are currently closed have never transitioned to the above group (let’s assume it is named “In Progress or Review”)

NonZero(Count(
  Filter(Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
    NOT IsEmpty([Issue].CurrentMember.get('Closed at')) AND
    [Measures].[Issues closed] > 0 AND -- get set of all closed issues
  IsEmpty( -- and see that transition to In Progress or Review has never happened or is empty
    DefaultContext((
      [Measures].[Transitions to status], 
      [Transition Status].[In Progress or Review],
      [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember
    ))
  )
)))

If you are interested in finding out more, there are some good learning materials in eazyBI documentation under Learn more section: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/learn-more.

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Thanks @lauma.cirule for your suggestion. It seems to me like it works quite well :-). Nonetheless I am wondering what DefaultContext is supposed to do?

@desc, Great! I’m happy to hear this.

The DefaultContext is ignoring any other dimension selection except the ones defined within the function - Measure, and Transition Status. You can read more about DefaultContext function here https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBI/DefaultContext.

Lauma / support@eazybi.com