How to create a calculated member with only Epics resolved and all it’s children unresolved

Hi friends!

I need to create a calculated that shows all issues unresolved under epic resolved.

Anyone has this solution?

Hi @guinevere,

I recommend defining an issue link field dimension for the Epic Resolution. This option is available for select Jira system fields, including Resolution. Please see more details on the eazyBI documentation page - Issue link field dimensions.

After that, you can use the Issue dimension “Epic” hierarchy in report rows and the Epic Resolution dimension in report pages to filter the resolved Epics. Next, to see the number of unresolved issues under each Epic, you can use the measure “Open issues”. Please see a screenshot below:

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

@roberts.cacus I am trying to figure out your suggested solution and I think I am a bit lost. I have tried to create the suggest Epic Resolution field and used the following in advanced settings. Where did I go wrong?

[[jira.issue_link_field_dimensions]]
name = “Epic Resolution”
source_dimension = “Resolution”
issue_id_column = “epic_id”
group = “resolution”

I have also tried

name = “Epic link status”
source_dimension = “Resolution”
issue_id_column = “epic_id”
group = “Linked issue dimensions”

Hi @acreech ,

You were close with the second attempt. Please see the recommended parameters for the Epic Resolution below:

name = "Epic Resolution"
source_dimension = "Resolution"
issue_id_column = "epic_id"
group = "Linked issue dimensions"

Add the parameters to the eazyBI advanced settings. After updating the eazyBI advanced settings, the “Epic Resolution” will be available for import in the eazyBI import options “Additional options” tab - Issue link field dimensions.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

@roberts.cacus,

Thank you, this really helped.

1 Like