How to create a report about Service Desk request channel type

I wanna build reports in eazyBI like inside of the JIRA Service Desk. There I have a report about the request-channel-type (email or portal). I use this JQL inside of JIRA: issue.property[“request.channel.type”].value = “email”

Is there a way to make this report with eazyBI?

Hi,

Currently eazyBI does not support the Channel as a standard dimension in the data model for the Jira Service desk. The Channel it is not a regular custom field but a specific property of an issue (from a technical perspective).

There is a way to import Channel as a separate dimension for Service Desk project issues by using function getDocumment()

Please add following lines to your eazyBI advanced settings (don’t miss the last line with ‘’’):

[jira.customfield_reqchantype]
data_type = "string"
name = "Channel"
dimension = true
javascript_code = '''
getDocument("issue/" + issue.key + "/properties/request.channel.type", {ignoreErrors: [404]}, function(result){
  if (result && result.value) {   
    issue.fields.customfield_reqchantype = result.value;
    }
});
'''

Now, open your eazyBI import settings and select to import your new custom field “Channel” as property and dimension.

After that, you should be able to find new custom field dimension in Analyze tab (when creating report).

We have in our feature backlog a request to implement this field as a standard custom field in data import.

Kindly,
Janis

1 Like

Hi,
I see that this answer is from a long time ago, but it might help me with what I’m looking for (and I couldn’t find any other topic that relates).
I would like to build a report based on a field I have in JIRA name “Development”.
This field holds info whether the JIRA has a developer commit or not, and how many commits (see attached screenshot).

I use this JQL query to find all JIRAs with commit > 0:
issue.property[development].commits > 0
How can I import these fields into eazyBI?

Thanks in advanced,
Loren

Hi Janis,

thanks this works for us. But now I have another question:
I want to select all issues with the channel “Portal” and the creator of the issue must be an agent. In JIRA I can use JQL to search for the field “creator” (not reporter). How can I achieve this in eazyBI?

Regards,
Thomas

Thomas,

Sorry for the delay in answer. You are right; the creator of the issue currently is not imported into eazyBI. The solution with a custom dimension like with the channel field is not possible in eazyBI for Jira server because Issue data during import in eazyBI does not contain the “creator” field.

There is, however, the option to create the Jira Misc custom field and create a new issue property and dimension in eazyBI from the Jira Misc custom field. I currently do not have such an example of the Jira Misc script to post here.

It is possible to access the creator data in the eazyBI for Jira Cloud and create another custom Javascript for that with settings like this:

[jira.customfield_creator]
data_type = "string"
name = "Creator"
dimension = true
javascript_code = '''
issue.fields.customfield_creator=issue.fields.creator.name;
'''

Kindly,
Janis

Hi Janis,

I solved this with a custom field. Everytime when the creator is a customer the value “customer” is written in this text field. (Automation Plugin) This field is imported to eazyBI and now I can build my reports.

Regards,
Thomas