How to create calculated member for Issue Type based on a field value?

Hi
I am new to EazyBI and MDX syntax. I have an issue type ‘Task’ with a field ‘Task Type’ which specifies the type of the task (Eg: Architecture / Technical / Project Management etc).

I would like to create a Calculated member in Issue type so that I can segregate this Issue Type field by different Task types and use that calculated member for various measure.

Calculated Measure name: Architecture Tasks
Sample JQL : IssueType = Task AND ‘Task Type’ = ‘Architecture’

Calculated Measure: Technical Tasks
Sample JQL: IssueType = Task AND ‘Task Type’ = ‘Technical’

Please can you help with the MDX for the above calculated measures.

Hi,

When you define a new calculated member in a dimension (like Issue Type) we do not recommend using other dimension members (like Task Type) in MDX calculation.

When you are going to define a new calculated measure in Measures, you may use a tuple of a measure and both dimensions Issue Type and Task Type.

For example, to calculate all create issues which are technical tasks, you may use tuple like this:

( [Measures].[Issues created],
[Issue Type].[Task],
[Task Type].[Architecture] )

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Perfect! Exactly what I want. Thanks Zane.

Hi @zane.baranovska

Can you help when I have a case more complex?

In this example, I have the same situation, but I don’t want a particular status. Look bellow:

( [Measures].[Issues created],
[Issue Type].[Business Case],
[Status]<>[Projeto Criado] -----This line doesn’t work.
)

Hi @Vanessa_Conceicao_de,

If you want to exclude a particular status, then you may first aggregate all statuses of interest and then refer to aggregated status in the tuple.

1). In Status dimension, define a new calculated member which aggregates all statuses except “Projeto Criado” (https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/analyze-and-visualize/calculated-members#Calculatedmembers-Aggregatemembersinotherdimensions)

Aggregate(
  Except(
    -- set of all statuses
    [Status].[Status].Members,
    -- set of statuses which should be excluded
    { [Status].[Projeto Criado] }
))

I will name this member “All except Projeto Criado”, so I could refer to it in further calculations.

2). Then define a new calculated measure in Measures using tuple (https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBI/Calculated+Members#CalculatedMembers-Tuples).

([Measures].[Issues created],
[Issue Type].[Business Case],
-- calculated member from previous step 
[Status].[All except Projeto Criado])

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Hi Zane, Im new to mdx . Im trying to create a bar graph which shows all the stories in a given project with the planned estimate for stories closed, hours spent so far, and the open stories planned estimate. Need ths stories to be grouped into epics… Can you help me with the mdx query please.

hello Zane, I’m new using eazyBi, I’m using Jira Cloud, I need to create a line chart to present the lead time for development, I have a custom field number in jira, and I really need to get these values ​​to sum the leads and take the average to present on the graph, but I can not get these values, I do not know how to perform this calculation and demonstrate on the graph. Could you help me?