How to define new "Bi-Monthly" calculated Time dimension member

Hi,

I would like to define new “Bi-Monthly” calculated member Time dimension to report the issue count bi-monthly. How can I do this?

Thanks in advanced,
Istvan

Hi @Istvan_Szirtes,

Currently, in the Time dimension, you may create custom hierarchies for Fiscal year and bi-weekly (also 3-week and 4-week) hierarchy.

The option to create the bi-monthly time hierarchy is not supported yet. While we don’t have plans on the roadmap for this functionality, you may build bi-monthly analytics using calculated measures. The report’s idea is similar to the bi-weekly solution but using Time default hierarchy with Month level.
Check out this bi-weekly report in the Demo account that you can use as bases for your report: https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/103084-issues-created-bi-weekly

The adjustments for the bi-monthly report:

1. You might want to define a new calculated measure “Time month even odd” that returns value 0 for even months and value 1 for odd months:

[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember.Key -
    Fix([Time].CurrentHierarchyMember.Key / 2) * 2

2. Use this measure “Time month even odd” to filter rows by value 1 or 0 and show every second month in the report.

3. For the report measures, you might want to create a calculated measure that shows the aggregated value of the current month and the previous month. For example, to count created issues in two months, use an expression like this:

--created issues in the preceding month
    ([Measures].[Issues created],
    [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember.PrevMember)
    +
    --created issues in the selected month
    [Measures].[Issues created] 

The report might look like in the picture below.

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Hi @Istvan_Szirtes ,
I wanted to let you know that we have released eazyBI version 7.0 recently. We included in this version an option to define custom time hierarchies. See the documentation for different examples: Custom time hierarchies

Please see a list of all changes: Changelog - eazyBI for Jira.

best,
Gerda // support@eazybi.com