How to display list of issues in table

Hello

I Create a report (table ) , rows contains fix versions , but i need to displqy in column issues list of every fix version.

Could someone help me ?

Regards

1 Like

We do not suggest creating reports where you can see all issues split by all versions (or any other dimension). The reports with this setup might be hard to use and could lead to out of memory or timeout problems with a bit larger Issue and Fix version count.

If you would like to see issues in version, you can use some measure, for example, Issue created. Then you can click on the measure and use an option Drill through issues with this, you will be able to see all issues included in the Fix version.

If you would like more details on issues, you can use a list of issues un report. However, we strongly suggest using only Issue dimension on Rows and using any measure from group Issue properties to represent any value on the issue. You can use Fix version selection on Pages snd select a particular Fix version to check the details on issues. Here is a issue list report example in our demo account. You can use it as an example and add Fix Version to Pages and use it as a selection.

Daina / support@eazybi.com

Hello @daina.tupule, thanks for your help.
Is there a way to get the list of issues in a column (not as the X dimension)
I understand there can be performance concerns, but with a limited report, is there a way to do this with a generate function or other ? Thanks a lot.

You can try adding Issue dimension on Columns on your own risk. We do not suggest using Issue dimension on Columns. It might lead to serious performance issues.

The report might be hard to read (might be unusable) as well with this approach.

Hi again @daina.tupule,

Doesn’t seem to correspond to our need (as it seems to give N columns instead of 1 per row), but I maybe wrong. Is there a way to add this with a custom measure / with generate for example (or another “concatenate” function ?
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/calculated-measures-and-members/mdx-function-reference/generate
e.g. we only want to display the list of issues in a single column = “ABC-1, ABC-2, ABC-3” for a specific version., instead of cumulated numbers (see Karim’s screenshot)

btw, in my humble opinion, the 2 generate examples in the documentation are very hard to understand, derivate from etc. They use other functions without links to them, and no screenshots of examples. Seeing how complex this function is, a few more examples (and simpler), screenshots and backlinks to the other functions used would be ideal.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Our suggested approach would be using the numbers in the report with the option Drill through issues or Drill across. With this approach, you will have an option to access issues form the report and open them in Jira if there is any need for it. It also will make less clutter in the report.

Yes, the function Generate could be used to show issue keys. However, it might be not as useful as you would like to have it. The result would be a string, and you can’t do much on string values in reports.

While eazyBI allows many calculations, for this as well, I can’t share the one that would have an option to fail far too quickly. For now, you can check out an updated page for function Generate. I updated the examples in our documentation and added more comments to them. Thanks for nudging us on this. However, I replaced examples with some other use cases shared with customers.