How to display the SQL query results (data source) as is on EazyBi?

Hi,

I recently started working ith EazyBi and have a request to generate a report that retrieve couple of information from “Zephyre Squad” plugin; I found that some of the fields could not be retrieved as a custom field into EazyBi so I create SQL query that retrieved all the needed data and made it as the source of the data on EzayBi; here I started strugling as I cannot make all the valuses as column!

so what is the best way to display the query result as is on EazyBi?

thanks in advance

@aya.aljboor

Welcome to eazyBI community.

You can import additional data to “Issues” cube (pulled from Jira projects) but there are certain limitation in that. eazyBI won’t let you create new dimensions or dimension members from external (SQL) data. It is allowed to import additional properties to already existing dimension members or additional values (measures) and map this data aginst one or multiple cube dimensions but then again, you can map these numerical values only existing dimension members.
An alternative would be importing SQL data in a separate cube (in separate account) and create the custom cube not-releated to “Issues” cube.

Please provide more details about the “couple of information” from your use case. What information do you want to import and how are you planning to analyze it in reports?

Martins / eazyBI

Thanks @martins.vanags ,
Actually thats what I did, I created a separate Cube that importing SQL data but facing some issues in populating all the fields under the same report.
below is the list of fields which I am targeting to create a report for:

• Cycle name: from Zephyr Squad (execution)
  • Labels: From Jira issue level (Test which comes from Zephyr Squad)
  • Folder Name: from Zephyr Squad (execution)
  • Test summary: From Jira issue level (Test which comes from Zephyr Squad)
  • Step: From Jira issue level (Test which comes from Zephyr Squad)
  • Expected Results: From Jira issue level (Test which comes from Zephyr Squad)
  • Priority: From Jira issue level (Test which comes from Zephyr Squad)
  • Assigned To: From Jira issue level (Test which comes from Zephyr Squad)
  • Executed By:from Zephyr Squad (execution)
  • Executed On:from Zephyr Squad (execution)
  • Execution Status: from Zephyr Squad (execution)
  • Project: From Jira issue level (Test which comes from Zephyr Squad)
  • Test Data: From Jira issue level (Test which comes from Zephyr Squad)
  • Comment: custom field on Zephyr Squad (execution)
  • Release number: Custom field (String) From Jira issue level (Test which comes from Zephyr Squad)
  • Related Story: Custom field (issue picker) From Jira issue level (Test which comes from Zephyr Squad)
  • Test Description: From Jira issue level (Test which comes from Zephyr Squad)
  • Pre-condition: Custom field (text) From Jira issue level (Test which comes from Zephyr Squad)
  • Automated (Yes/No): Custom field (Single Select) From Jira issue level (Test which comes from Zephyr Squad)
  • Country:custom -multi select From Jira issue level (Test which comes from Zephyr Squad)