How to duplicate EazyBi instance to UAT/Staging instance (migration procedure)

Hi,
I need to refresh staging jira + addons (eazybi etc) with the production.
I checked the migration procedure here https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/set-up-and-administer/set-up-and-administer-for-jira-server/database-migration and wanted to be sure :

• Staging/UAT addon will only duplicate production data to its own staging db ? It will not remain / stay connected to Prod instance ?
  • No data will be deleted from Prod ?

Thank you.
Regards.

Hi,

The important thing to care about when cloning Jira instances is to check if the Staging environment does not point to the same eazyBI database as production instance. This configuration should be different in both environments:

Once this is checked, we do recommend using the database migrator for creating the copy of your eazyBI accounts from production environment. Note, however, that migrator does not allow migrate accounts with the names you already have in your instance, you may need to delete (or rename) them before doing the migration again from your production.

No data will be deleted from the source system when the data migrator is applied.

Kindly,

Hi @janis.plume,
thank you for your reply.
As we did not have much time to do this, we actually did try to follow the data migrator procedure but unfortunately we were unable to connect from staging to prod (almost sure we used the right port/db/user/names etc with the correct port opened …)
So we dumped all eazybi dbs + dbconfig.xml and restored them to staging, then logged into the refreshed eazybi with credentials from the prod dbconfig.xml

Regards.
Sylvain

I also ran into an issue when trying to use the mirgration tool. I am not sure what it means or where to check in the logs and how to resolve. I am trying to copy from prod to test environment!

as well.

Hi,

This error message often is related to the wrong login credentials provided in the datebase connection parameters. Unfortunately, some combinations of the PostgreSQL driver and eazyBI versions make some error messages less informative than those could be.

So in the case of the message:
org.herodbsql.util.PSQLException: Something unusual has occurred to cause the driver to fail. Please report this exception.

please, check the username and password of the user and if the user has access to the database. The message of access problem should be correctly visible in the eazyBI version 5.2.x.

If the problem persists, please, contact the eazyBI support for further investigation.

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support