How to fetch count of different IssueTypes [Defect Rate]

Hi All,

i want to calculate Defect Rate and the formula is as below

** Total no of Defects (Excluding Rejected) / Total Test Cases Executed **

Has anyone tried doing this, would be more helpful.

Also, How to get the count of IssueType = Test OR Bug separately ? Also any way to get them with only intended conditions (like Bug only closed, Tests only Executed (pass/fail))

Thanks

Hi @prakashghiremath ,

You can use the Defect and Test execution measures to calculate the defect rate. See an example below with measures from the Xray integration:

CASE WHEN [Measures].[Xray Tests executed] > 0
THEN 
  [Measures].[Xray Tests defect count]
  /
  [Measures].[Xray Tests executed]
END

The report could look similar to the one below:

See if the test management app you are using has integration with eazyBI - Data from Jira and apps - eazyBI for Jira. From there, you can see the measures imported by the apps eazyBI has integration.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Hi @roberts.cacus,
does the same measure work for (Total Defects/No Of Tests executed)

I have added the measure as follows:

but nothing is seen in table

can you please help!

table view

Hi @Anu,

Everything depends on the measures you use. In your example, you reference two calculated measures. Without knowing how they calculate results, I can’t guess the reason the outcome of your calculation is empty. The first step is adding both measures to the report and seeing which one is empty, causing the “Defect Density” measure to be empty.

This is an old thread, and I recommend creating a new one instead of reviving old ones. Please share the formulas for both measures in a new post, and we can see what is wrong with them.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Hi @roberts.cacus ,
I want to fetch the defects with customfield values = “E2E 2” and “REF 1”. So I want the measure how to fetch it in the column “Total Defects”. can you help?
Defect density: I have used below… it works fine,
CASE WHEN
[Measures].[No Of Tests executed] > 0
THEN
[Measures].[Total Defects] / [Measures].[No Of Tests executed]
END

No Of Tests executed: works fine with below measure:
([Measures].[Issues created], [Issue Type].[TestXY])

for “Total Defects”: what should be the measure for my JQL:

issuetype = Bug AND affectedVersion in (“RT 2.0”) AND “CCP Environment” in (“E2E 2”, “REF 1”)

hi @roberts.cacus ,
did you check my previous reply. Please help