How to filter a field value using "matches" via the in report filter?

I have a report where I am surfacing “Epic Link Status”. This has many values and I want to only build my report for a few. If I click on that measure in the report and use the filter dropdown then select “matches” I can only seem to populate with 1 value. I’d like to match to many values. Do I just use a comma

Here is the measure i am using to get Epic Link status:
– Epic Status field is used with Epic Link
– Issue status of an epic issue (workflow status) is used with Epic Link
[Status].[Status].getMemberNameByKey(
[Epic Link].CurrentHierarchyMember.get(‘Status ID’)
)

Now that I have those, I’d like to only return certain statues and thats where I’m stuck

{
“cube_name”: “Issues”,
“cube_reports”: [ {
“name”: “3 month Epic Review”,
“folder_name”: “Cores and Channels”,
“result_view”: “bar_chart”,
“definition”: {“columns”:{“dimensions”:[{“name”:“Measures”,“selected_set”:["[Measures].[Issues resolved]"],“members”:[]},{“name”:“Work Type Classification”,“selected_set”:["[Work Type Classification].[All Work Type Classifications]"],“members”:[{“depth”:0,“name”:“All Work Type Classifications”,“full_name”:"[Work Type Classification].[All Work Type Classifications]",“drillable”:true,“type”:“all”,“expanded”:true,“drilled_into”:false,“removed”:true},{“depth”:1,“name”:“Bank Platforms Migration”,“full_name”:"[Work Type Classification].[Bank Platforms Migration]",“removed”:true,“parent_full_name”:"[Work Type Classification].[All Work Type Classifications]"},{“depth”:1,“name”:“Enabling Technology”,“full_name”:"[Work Type Classification].[Enabling Technology]",“removed”:true,“parent_full_name”:"[Work Type Classification].[All Work Type Classifications]"},{“depth”:1,“name”:“Enterprise Platforms Migration”,“full_name”:"[Work Type Classification].[Enterprise Platforms Migration]",“removed”:true,“parent_full_name”:"[Work Type Classification].[All Work Type Classifications]"},{“depth”:1,“name”:“Maintenance”,“full_name”:"[Work Type Classification].[Maintenance]",“removed”:true,“parent_full_name”:"[Work Type Classification].[All Work Type Classifications]"},{“depth”:1,“name”:“New Customer Capabilities”,“full_name”:"[Work Type Classification].[New Customer Capabilities]",“removed”:true,“parent_full_name”:"[Work Type Classification].[All Work Type Classifications]"},{“depth”:1,“name”:"(none)",“full_name”:"[Work Type Classification].[(none)]",“removed”:true,“parent_full_name”:"[Work Type Classification].[All Work Type Classifications]"},{“depth”:1,“name”:“Run the Engine”,“full_name”:"[Work Type Classification].[Run the Engine]",“removed”:true,“parent_full_name”:"[Work Type Classification].[All Work Type Classifications]"},{“depth”:1,“name”:“Team Support”,“full_name”:"[Work Type Classification].[Team Support]",“removed”:true,“parent_full_name”:"[Work Type Classification].[All Work Type Classifications]"},{“depth”:1,“name”:“Unclassified”,“full_name”:"[Work Type Classification].[Unclassified]",“removed”:true,“parent_full_name”:"[Work Type Classification].[All Work Type Classifications]"}],“bookmarked_members”:[]}]},“rows”:{“dimensions”:[{“name”:“Epic Link”,“selected_set”:["[Epic Link].[Project].Members"],“members”:[{“depth”:1,“name”:“Bank Account Managment”,“full_name”:"[Epic Link].[Bank Account Managment]",“drillable”:true,“expanded”:true,“drilled_into”:false}],“bookmarked_members”:[]}],“filter_by”:{“conditions”:[{“expression”:["[Measures].[Epic Link Status]","[Work Type Classification].[Feature Development]"],“operator”:“matches”,“value”:“In Progress”}]}},“pages”:{“dimensions”:[{“name”:“Team(TIR Official)”,“selected_set”:["[Team(TIR Official)].[All Team(TIR Official)s]"],“members”:[{“depth”:0,“name”:“All Team(TIR Official)s”,“full_name”:"[Team(TIR Official)].[All Team(TIR Official)s]",“drillable”:true,“type”:“all”,“expanded”:true,“drilled_into”:false},{“depth”:1,“name”:“Classified”,“full_name”:"[Team(TIR Official)].[Classified]",“parent_full_name”:"[Team(TIR Official)].[All Team(TIR Official)s]"},{“depth”:1,“name”:“Koopa”,“full_name”:"[Team(TIR Official)].[Koopa]",“parent_full_name”:"[Team(TIR Official)].[All Team(TIR Official)s]"},{“depth”:1,“name”:“Link”,“full_name”:"[Team(TIR Official)].[Link]",“parent_full_name”:"[Team(TIR Official)].[All Team(TIR Official)s]"},{“depth”:1,“name”:“Samus”,“full_name”:"[Team(TIR Official)].[Samus]",“parent_full_name”:"[Team(TIR Official)].[All Team(TIR Official)s]"},{“depth”:1,“name”:“Team Fox McCloud”,“full_name”:"[Team(TIR Official)].[Team Fox McCloud]",“parent_full_name”:"[Team(TIR Official)].[All Team(TIR Official)s]"}],“bookmarked_members”:[],“current_page_members”:["[Team(TIR Official)].[Classified]","[Team(TIR Official)].[Koopa]","[Team(TIR Official)].[Link]","[Team(TIR Official)].[Samus]","[Team(TIR Official)].[Team Fox McCloud]"]},{“name”:“Resolution”,“selected_set”:["[Resolution].[All Resolutions]"],“members”:[{“depth”:0,“name”:“All Resolutions”,“full_name”:"[Resolution].[All Resolutions]",“drillable”:true,“type”:“all”,“expanded”:true,“drilled_into”:false},{“depth”:1,“name”:"(unresolved)",“full_name”:"[Resolution].[(unresolved)]",“parent_full_name”:"[Resolution].[All Resolutions]"},{“depth”:1,“name”:“Done”,“full_name”:"[Resolution].[Done]",“parent_full_name”:"[Resolution].[All Resolutions]"},{“depth”:1,“name”:“Fixed”,“full_name”:"[Resolution].[Fixed]",“parent_full_name”:"[Resolution].[All Resolutions]"},{“depth”:1,“name”:“Accepted”,“full_name”:"[Resolution].[Accepted]",“parent_full_name”:"[Resolution].[All Resolutions]"}],“bookmarked_members”:[],“current_page_members”:["[Resolution].[(unresolved)]","[Resolution].[Done]","[Resolution].[Fixed]","[Resolution].[Accepted]"]}]},“options”:{“nonempty”:true},“view”:{“current”:“bar_chart”,“maximized”:false,“bar_chart”:{“stacked”:true,“vertical”:false,“swap_axes”:false,“data_labels”:“percentage”,“series_options”:{},“show_full_caption”:[“Epic Link”]},“table”:{}},“calculated_members”:[]}
} ],
“calculated_members”: [{“name”:“Epic Link Status”,“dimension”:“Measures”,“formula”:"-- Epic Status field is used with Epic Link \n-- Issue status of an epic issue (workflow status) is used with Epic Link \n[Status].[Status].getMemberNameByKey(\n [Epic Link].CurrentHierarchyMember.get(‘Status ID’)\n)\n\n",“format_string”:""}]
}

Hi @JohnMichael_Talarico ,

Using the “pipe” operator |, you can consider multiple matches. So, to consider the statuses “In Progress” and “To Do”, try to match the following expression In Progress|To Do.

See some regular expression examples on the eazyBI documentation page - Regular expressions.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Thanks for the response! does this syntax work within the “in report” filter?

Hi @JohnMichael_Talarico ,

That will work with the “filter rows” functionality in calculated measures, members, etc. See an example of the “Epic link status” filter in action below:

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com