How to filter/aggregate a dimension's members using another dimension

Hello,

I have a set of Epics which has a specific label (“AHA_P1”). Every two weeks I need to run a report on these Epics to track their progress. So far, the way I have been doing this is through Excel and JSON file that I import into eazyBI which is tedious.

How can I filter these Epics based on their label? Basically, I am only interested in Epics whose label = “AHA_P1”.

Thanks,
Kian

No response after 4 days??!

Hi @kaladdin

Welcome to the Community! :slight_smile:

This is a bit slow-paced space where eazyBI users can share their questions and solutions to different challenges. For urgent support questions, you can reach us at support@eazybi.com

If I understand correctly, you would like to see the progress on issues that are associated with an Epic which has the label “AHA_P1”, right?

If this is the case, you can introduce an Issue link field dimension. You’ll find the necessary settings in our documentation here: Issue link field dimensions

Add the following code to Advanced settings to create a new dimension where the Label is inherited from Epics to all the lower levels in the Epic hierarchy:

[[jira.issue_link_field_dimensions]]
name = "Epic Label"
source_dimension = "Label"
issue_id_column = "epic_id"
group = "Linked issue dimensions"

Let me know if you need any assistance with this!
Best regards,
Nauris / eazyBI support

Hi Nauris,

Thanks so much for your response! I will definitely try this solution.

Cheers,
Kian