How to get all the assignee of issues under a Epic

Need to build a calculated member that will hold the values of all the assignee of issues tagged under a Epic. I know we can build this to show a table of epics and when you expand it, it will show the subsequent parent and subtasks with the assignee. But we need something very simple as shown below.
Epics Assignees/collaboraters
Epic 1 Assignee 1, Assignee 2
Epic 2 Assignee 2, Assignee 3, Assignee 1
Epic 3 Assignee 4, Assignee 1

The assignee displayed across each Epic will be the assignee of the epic + assignee of subsequent parent and sub task issues. Is this possible? If yes, how can we achieve this?

Hi @Vinu

In this case, you could create a new calculated measure (with integer format) in “Measures” dimension that would generate all assignees of issues that belog to epic.
Try this code:

Nonemptystring(
Generate(
Filter(
Descendants([Assignee].CurrentMember, [Assignee].[User]),
(
[Measures].[Issues created],
[Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember
)> 0 
AND
[Assignee].CurrentMember.Name <> "(unassigned)"), 
[Assignee].CurrentMember.Name, ', '
))

That would generate a string from unique assignees.
It may mislead you when you use it with “Time” dimension as it would generate assign

Martins / eazyBI

1 Like

Thats really cool @martins.vanags. This is exactly what I wanted. Thanks for your help.

@martins.vanags - is there a modification that can be made to allow for the Time dimension to be used with this code. As an example, I am trying to show what vehicles are assigned to all of the child issues for each epic. Ideally it would list the epic and then the vehicles for the children issues in one cell. I want to split it up per week though based on the creation date of the child issues.

@Taylor_Quinn

How exactly do you assign the vehicle to a child of an epic (what field do you use in Jira to assign vehicle) and what issue types do you use in jira for epic children?

Martins / eazyBI

@martins.vanags thank you for the quick response! All of the epic children are tasks. The vehicle is an asset stored in Insight and it links through a field called Vehicle.

This is the current code that I am using:

Nonemptystring(
Generate(
Filter(
Descendants([Vehicle].CurrentMember, [Vehicle].[Vehicle]),
(
[Measures].[Issues created],
[Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember
)> 0
AND
[Vehicle].CurrentMember.Name <> “(none)”),
[Vehicle].CurrentMember.Name, ', ’
))

@Taylor_Quinn
What is the layout of the report (columns, rows, page filters) and what does your current formula calculate?

Martins / eazyBI

I am currently calculating all of the vehicles listed in the children issues of the epic. My calculate field is “All Vehicles”. I am wanting to add the Time Dimension as a measure so I can break up which vehicles were used based on the week of the creation dates of the child issues (tasks).

@Taylor_Quinn

Try this formula:

Nonemptystring(
Generate(
Filter(
Descendants([Vehicle].CurrentMember, [Vehicle].[Vehicle]),
(
[Measures].[Issues created]
)> 0
AND
[Vehicle].CurrentMember.Name <> “(none)”),
[Vehicle].CurrentMember.Name, ', ’
))

Then split the report by “Time” dimension at week level.
It should generate vehicles created by weeks.

Martins / eazyBI

1 Like

that worked, thank you so much!