How to get tickets in a set of states at the end of a time period?

I’m trying to get a “point in time” report for all tickets which were “active” at the exact end of the time period set in the pages. This is ALMOST working. But, there are some tickets that are coming in which are no longer in the desired states about 3 to 4 days before the end of the time period

The report essentially has a small set of defined measures to call out specific types and they all look like this (to control the column header names and group a couple of types together):

-- [Measures].[BU Cloud] = 
NonZero(
 (
  [Measures].[Transitions to status issues count],
  [Transition Status].[Active SAs],
  [Issue Type].[Advisement],
  [Advisement Type].[CLOUD]
 )
)

The report we desire should show all the tickets in the defined “Active SAs” statuses in the last moment of the specified periods.

I hope I explained this correctly.

Thanks for any suggestions or help!

Hi @lartra,

The measure you are looking for is “Issues history”. In the report, set the measure “Issues history” and the dimension “Transition Status” on report columns to see how many issues were in each status at the end of the periods on report rows(see picture below).

You may set “Transition Status” dimension also on pages to filter specific statuses (more details in the documentaion).

Check out also the Sample report “Unresolved issues by statuses over time” in your eazyBI account. Description of how that report works is here: Unresolved issues by statuses over time

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Thanks, I think I’m finally understanding when to use the transition to status and not to. Using the initial pull from Issues history measure on the filter for the calculations is getting all the right tickets.

For the tickets at the specific status at the end of the time period, I did this:

NonZero(
 (
  [Measures].[Issues history],
  [Transition Status].[Active SAs],
  [Issue Type].[Advisement],
  [Advisement Type].[CLOUD]
 )
)

That is picking up the exact tickets I need and can confirm by hand.

Thank you!

1 Like