How to use the Summary of a Single Issue Picker custom field as a Dimension

Hello :slightly_smiling_face:

I have a problem with a repport, I hope you could be able to help.

I have a Single Issue Picker (custom field) in Jira. I import this field as a dimension in the advanced settings section :

# Sprint de début planifié
[jira.customfield_XXXX]
data_type = "string"
dimension = true

I would like to create a pie chart using the summary (not the key) of this custom field as a dimension (and Issues Created as a measure). However, I only have its KEY available in the dimension after the data import. I was not able to get its summary.

Using this code to define a measure allows me to obtain the summary, but since it is a measure I am not able to generate the pie chart with it:

[Issue].[Issue].getMemberNameByKey(
  [Sprint de début planifié].CurrentHierarchyMember.get('KEY')
)

Is there a way to get the summary using MDX or a custom JavaScript code in eazybi? Or the only solution is to grab the summary through a scriptedfield in Jira directly and then import it in eazybi?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi @nmarceloromero,

I understand that the custom field “Sprint de début planifié” contains only the issue key and no other information.

You can create calculated measures to look up the issue with the same key as “Sprint de début planifié” and get its name or another property (creation date, assignee, status, etc). However, this calculation works only as a descriptive field when you select issues on report rows and can not be transformed into a dimension.

Consider creating a new calculated custom field that would check on the “Sprint de début planifié” summary during data import. The principle is to use REST API and request more data with getDocument() function.

Please see this Community post for ideas and examples of requestion additional data on linked issues: Import fields in eazyBI from Checklist for Jira app.

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

1 Like

Hello @zane.baranovska,

Thank you so much for your response.

The solution based on using REST API worked perfectly :smiley:

Best,

1 Like