I want to create a chart comparing the data of the issue by date

Hello all,

I’m trying to create a chart with Jira issues.
We have ‘Error’ issue type and one issue has data from a custom field ‘Error date’.
I would like to compare the following two values (number of issues).

1. The number of issues where the data in the ‘Error date’ field is ‘2021-01’.
  2. The number of issues where the data in the ‘Error date’ field is ‘2022-01’.

By the way, The following image is a picture of the chart I want.

I don’t know how to set Dimension and Measure. Please ask me if you don’t understand anything. I’d appreciate it if anyone could help me.
Thanks.

Hello @hshwaa ,

First, you need to check out if the custom field “Error date” is being imported as a measure in eazyBI. Start by Editing your import options, find “Error date” field in the Custom fields section and check the checkboxes for import, save the settings and trigger the import.

When this is done, you can start building your report!
In the Measures dimension, under the PredefinedCustom field measures, you should find a measure called “Issues with error date”, select this for your report.
Add the Time dimension in Rows and click the “Pages” button to have the Time dimension in Pages as well so you choose the exact year for the report. In Rows set the Time dimension to “Month” level memebers.
Finally, click on the “Issues with error date” column and add a new calculated measure by clicking Add calculatedTime agoyear ago.
When all this is done, switch to Line chart and your report is ready!

You can achieve smoother lines for your report by changing the chart types to spline.

Nauris / eazyBI support