Impact of archiving Jira project

Hi,

In order to clean-up our Jira instance, we are going to archive some projects that are no longer used.
I already read in this community, that EazyBI is not able to import archived issues.

What will be the effect on our EazyBI accounts when we archive a Jira project?

• Will the Jira import in EazyBI fail or will it continue to run without errors but without retrieving data?
  • Will existing data in EazyBI remain available or will it be deleted?
  • is there a way to disable a Jira import in EazyBI in order to retain the available data?

Thanks,
Kris

Hi @KrisDewachter,

I didn’t hear back from you in our internal conversation in the eazyBI support channel. I reckon, the answer did cover all three points. I will post it below, for other users with the same questions to stumble upon:

Will the Jira import in EazyBI fail, or will it continue to run without errors but without retrieving data?
If the archived Project is the only Project selected for import in the particular eazyBI account, the data import would end in an error, stating that no projects are selected for import. However, if it is one of several Projects, the import will continue without a hick-up.

Will existing data in EazyBI remain available, or will it be deleted?
Archived Project data will be deleted if it is imported with other Projects and a data import is performed. However, in an eazyBI account where it is the only Project selected for import, the data import will end with the before mentioned error, and data will not be deleted.

Is there a way to disable a Jira import in EazyBI in order to retain the available data?
Disable the scheduled import option in the eazyBI account import settings and limit access to the manual data import option. It is available for Jira administrators, eazyBI admins, users with “User admin” and “Data admin” account roles. See more details regarding the on our documentation page - Account users - eazyBI for Jira.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com