Import data from issue linked to other link

Hi all,
I’m traying to have 3 levels of linked issues at the same table. I have first level that is the main issue, then I’ve imported first level (related Requirements) and I can see data from this issue and, now, I want to import User Story related to Requirements.

I tried this:

[jira.customfield_PR]
name = “Product SRS Requirement”
inward_link = “father of”
issue_type = “Product Requirement”
dimension = true
multiple_values = true

[jira.customfield_US]
name = “User Story”
inward_link = “relates to”
issue_type = “User Story”
dimension = true
multiple_values = true

But it import User Story related to the main level, not related to the second level.

How can I do this?

Hi @e.serret,

I would recommend building it the other way around. Where the User Stories are the Issue dimension issues, and the Main issue and Requirements are issue link dimensions. For that, you would have to reverse the issue link directions and names.

Also, I would recommend removing the multiple_values = true parameter and adding the update_from_issue_key = .. parameter. In it, specify the next issue link level to connect to.

See an example below:

[jira.customfield_features]
name = "Features"
outward_link = "blocks"
issue_type = "Feature"
update_from_issue_key = "parent_issue_key"
dimension = true

[jira.customfield_initiatives]
name = "Initiatives"
outward_link = "relates to"
inward_link = "relates to"
issue_type = "Initiative"
update_from_issue_key = "customfield_features"
dimension = true

The “Initiative” is the “Main issue” and its update_from_issue_key = "customfield_features" - the next level underneath it. The second level is the “Feature”, which will be updated from the “parent_issue_key” - the Issue dimension issues.

See how it would look in a sample report:

The eazyBI documentation has more information on defining issue links - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/advanced-data-import-options/import-issue-links.

With these links defined, you can also try building a custom hierarchy in the Issue dimension - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/advanced-data-import-options/additional-issue-hierarchies.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com