Import issue links as dimension

Hi @gerda.grantina

Thanks for the above information in the same way I am looking for a report to analyze linked children issues with parent issues along with the sub-tasks.

Can you please help on this, I tried many of your team but no exact info I think I am on the right platform now.

Thanks and regards
Maheshwar Reddy Maccha

Hi @gerda.grantina ,

I could not find many of the bugs linked to my stories I am able to view only a few bugs as mentioned in the below screenshot. and its showing around 20,161 bugs. also the pointed column is empty in the below mentioned screenshot

Hi,
I have a problem with creating a new dimention regarding issue links.
I have two issue types: Objective (Team) and Objective (Program) which use a link type Child-Issue and the directions are “is parent task of” and “is child task of”.

I have created the following new custom field + dimention

#Team Objectives linked to Program Objectives

[jira.customfield_team_objectives_to_program_objectives]

name = “Team Objectives to Program Objectives”

outward_link = “is parent task of”

inward_link = “is child task of”

multiple_values = true

dimension = true

Sadly I am not seeing the objects above in the result.

Any ideas what am I missing?

Cheers,
Nikola

Hi @nikola.gaydarov ,
Sorry for the late answer.
Can you share if you were able to import the dimension “Team Objectives to Program Objectives” into eazyBI account? Is it empty or if you are missing some issues within that dimension? And do I understand correctly that both issue types are identical “Objective”?

best,
Gerda

Hi @MaheshwarReddy ,
Sorry for the late answer.
Can you share which issue types are you using in your Jira? And what issue links you use to link issue AECP-74 to Bug?
You can also send email to our support directly (support@eazybi.com), so we can help you to troubleshoot the link dimension as there could be that more information will be needed.

best,
Gerda

Hi @gerda.grantina ,
Thank you for this helpful post. I have the same issue from @Gnome 's case.
But I did have the custom field created in the EasyBI JIRA import options as I have EasyBI admin permission. But when I treid to pull out the data I can only see none in the table. Please see the below screenshots. I was wondering if you can point me to the right direction. Thank you for the help.
Kind regards,
Tien

Hi @Tien-Lung_Hsieh ,
Glad that you found this post helpful!

You need to add this configuration into eazyBI advanced settings.

Issue links cannot be added using the new calculated custom field functionality.

best,
Gerda

1 Like

Hi Gerda,

Thank you for the clarification. I will now get back to platform admin team for this change. Thank you and have a lovely weekend.

Kind regards,
Tien

1 Like

I am trying to list the isuues that are linked to story and how many linked issues are done and howmany in other status how can i achive this

Hi @Yashwanthkumar_Shiva,
If you have imported issue link dimension in you account, you can check several custom formulas in this demo training account: Stories with Bugs details - Issues - eazyBI Demo Training - eazyBI

Copy the formula (e.g. “Linked Bugs Done”), replace the dimension name “Bugs” in the formula with your issue link dimension, and use it in your account.

Best,
Gerda

Hi, @gerda.grantina
What if I want to determine the priority of my linked issues? For example, I only need to see those linked issues that have priority - Major and Critical.
My first thought was to update the formula in the advanced settings (to add priority = [“Critical”,“Major”]), but it does not seem to work as I expected. Is there another way?

Incidents linked to Pre-Approved

[jira.customfield_incidents_preapproved]
name = “Incidents linked to Pre-Approved CR”
outward_link = [“Relates to”, “Implemented by”, “Caused”, “blocks”, “Bug in”,“clones”, “Duplicates”, “interests”, “split to”, “Child of master Incident”, “Is parent of”, “causes”, “similars”]
inward_link = [“Is Related to”,“Implements”, “is caused by”, “is similar as”, “is cloned by”, " is blocked by", “Contains Bug”, “Is Duplicated by”, " interested in", “split from”, “Master Incident”, “Is child of”]
issue_type = “Incident”
priority = [“Critical”,“Major”]
multiple_values = true
dimension = true

Hi @gerda.grantina This post is very helpful and exactly what I was looking for. But when i tried the same steps I couldn’t see any data in my report for linked issues custom field.
Quick question. In the below code

# Stories linked to Bugs
[jira.customfield_bugs_stories]   ---here what should be given? is it the field name or the Id(number)? For example should it be like below? what wrong have I done here? Please help
 # Incidents linked to CRs
[jira.customfield_15406]
name = "Incidents linked to CRs"

Hi @trish ,
No, the custom field doesn’t reference the existing field (so don’t use ID), it is a new field, and thus you need to give it a name to identify it.

Check the troubleshooting part in the documentation to see the most common issues.

If that doesn’t help, send the email directly to us - support@eazybi.com

best,
Gerda

Hi @gerda.grantina. Very interesting thanks
Is there a way to make this custom dimension to only show linked issues that belong to a specific project only?
In my case, I want to display in a table, the tasks linked to my stories, but only the tasks belonging to a specific project. Unfortunately the users aren’t using a unique link type.

Hello @gerda.grantina this post is amazing! I´ve learnt a lot, but I still have some doubts. I’m trying to show in two columns the list of different issues that a single one has linked.

example → issue with type “info version” has three issue types linked (“risk”, “task” and “milestone”). I´ve used the code in advance settings to track those issues based on the outward link that joins them

#Customfield tareas y Riesgos en IV
[jira.customfield_IV_TaRi]
name = “Task and Risk in IV”
outward_link = “Version-Deliver”
multiple_values = true
dimension = true

#Customfield hitos en IV
[jira.customfield_IV_Milestone]
name = “Milestones in IV”
inward_link = “Entity related”
multiple_values = true
dimension = true

but for some reason I only get a handful of them, and only in specific info versions (and I’m certain it should show more since I’ve checked in Jira and there are way more).

I imported them as properties so that I could keem the results in a column inside the report. What could be the problem?

If it helps, all of this is part of a project in which the idea is to create a dashboard where by using a global filter that searchs for a field value inside the “info version” type issues and filters both the report that shows the Info versions and the other reports (the ones that show Milestones, risks and tasks). The worst part is that as I said, the field belongs only to one issue type.

Thanks in advance!

Regards!

Hi @gerda.grantina, thank you, this post is awesome,

In my case I do not have custom links but they are the Jira ones, which now with the update are all Parent, how would I configure the inward relationship if I cannot see it in the Jira issue linking?

Issue linking does no exist.

Regards

HI @kevin_fabian_triana ,
It looks like you are using Advanced Roadmaps and “Parent link”, in that case, check this post about additional Issue hierarchies:

Best,
Gerda // support@eazybi.com

Hi @gerda.grantina
Thanks for this thread for all the details.
I followed the procedure to add a custom hierarchy level.
A feature can realize a story or task.
But the issue I am facing is, if a same story or Task is realized by two features, then the story or task needs to display under two features.
However, in the report, features are grouped to show the child story or task

used below code in Advanced Settings
[jira.customfield_featuree]
name = “E Feature”
inward_link = “Is realized by”
issue_type = “Feature”
dimension = true
update_from_issue_key = “customfield_story”

[jira.customfield_story]
name = “E Work”
issue_type = [“Task”, “Story”]
update_from_issue_key = “customfield_improvement”
dimension = true

[jira.customfield_improvement]
name = “E Improvement”
issue_type = “Improvement”
update_from_issue_key = “parent_issue_key”
dimension = true

[[jira.issue_hierarchies]]
name = “Features by Stories”
all_member_name = “All Issues by Features”
levels = [
{name=“Feature”,key_column=“customfield_featuree”,issue_type=“Feature”},
{name=“Work”,key_column=“customfield_story”,issue_type = [“Task”, “Story”]},
{name=“Improvement”,key_column=“customfield_improvement”,issue_type=“Improvement”},
{name=“Parent”,key_column=“subtask_parent_key”},
{name=“Sub-task”,key_column=“subtask_key”}
]

How can features be shown separately if they have common child issues?
Thanks in advance

Hi @Kumar_T ,
eazyBI doesn’t support hierarchy where one children have two parents.
In this community article I have shared steps on how to build an additional issue hierarchy.
But those additional issues hierarchies need to have a strict structure in Jira to be defined in eazyBI:

1. Each child issue has only one parent issue
  2. Each issue type is used only in one issue hierarchy level.

In your case it won’t be possible to use custom hierarchy to display your issues.

best,
Gerda