Import specific issue links

I have followed the steps to import all issue links from HERE but what I really am looking for is to be able to report on a couple of specific link types: blocks, is blocked by, is preceeded by. What do I need to change in my import to just see those link types, see the issuekeys of the linked issue(s) AND also be able to split the link types out for reporting purposes?

All of the documentation I’ve seen talks about custom fields, but ‘Links’ is a standard field and I that is throwing me off.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

The configuration of the issue link import in eazyBI provides the flexibility to import also by the specific link types. Please, check the documentation here:
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/advanced-data-import-options/import-issue-links

For instance, I used the following configuration options to collect blocks/blocked by links into eazyBI:

[jira.customfield_blocks_link]
name = "Blocks"
outward_link = "blocks"
multiple_values = true
dimension = true

[jira.customfield_is_blocked_link]
name = "Is Blocked"
inward_link = "is blocked by"
multiple_values = true
dimension = true

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

Janis,

I’ve implemented this.

If I wanted to see my list of issues, then a drill in of what issues are blocking them for example, how might I achieve that?

Hi,

Now you need to combine the new linked dimension with the Issue dimension. Depending on the link direction you might need to use one or other sequence of the dimensions in the report:

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

I used this configuration to import and show values for fields “Blocks” and “Is Blocked By” but there was nothing showing up in report in “Is Blocked By” field. There are two defects blocking the Issue.

name = “Blocks”
outward_link = “Blocks”
multiple_values = true
dimension = true

[jira.customfield_is_blocked_by_link]
name = “Is Blocked by”
inward_link = “Is Blocked by”
multiple_values = true
dimension = true

However when I use below settings, re-import data and run report it does show both defects.

name = “Blocks”
outward_link = “Blocks”
inward_link = “Is Blocked by”
multiple_values = true
dimension = true

Please share your thoughts on issue.

Regards,
-Kishan

Hi, Kishan,

Please, check the troubleshooting suggestions related to the import of issue links:
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/advanced-data-import-options/import-issue-links#Importissuelinks-Troubleshooting

You are welcome to contact support with more details once you are still stuck.

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support