Inaccurate Assignee Original Estimates and Hours Spent

Howdy!
I am trying to setup a report that shows Assignees, lists their Issues, the Issue Type, Work Type, Labels on the tickets, and then the Original Estimate and the time spent (so Time tracking field) on that ticket. The tickets I want to see are from specific Sprints. We use Components to filter specific tickets to specific boards so I want to see tickets also by specific boards.

My issue is that it seems the Original Estimate and Hours spent do not show accurate information. I just want to see what the Original Estimate field has and how much time has been entered into the Time tracking field. I am not concerned if the issue is Open, Resolved, or Closed.

Here is the current setup:

Pages:
Sprint→ Select individual members → Here I selected specific Sprints.
Component→ Select individual members → Here I selected specific Components we have that filter to specific boards.

Rows:
Assignee → All hierarchy level members → User
Issue → All hierarchy level members → Issue
Issue Type → Select individual members → Story, Sub-task, Bug, Task, Test
Work Type → Select individual members → New Feature, Enhancement, Maintenance, (none)
Label → All hierarchy level members → Label

Columns:
Measures → Predefined → Original estimated hours
Measures → Predefined → Hours spent

I truly appreciate any help anyone can provide. I have a feeling I am maybe not quite understanding the relationship certain Measures and Dimensions have.

Hi @DHH ,
Welcome to the eazyBI Community :wave: !

When using the “Sprint” dimension with “Original estimated hours,” the data is shown only against the issue’s current sprint, and “Hours spent” will show logged hours during a selected sprint (but not all issue’s hours).

Thus, to show full data, the best is to import additional time tracking measures that will allow you to use the issue property “Issue Original estimated hours” and “Issue hours spent” that are not influenced by the sprint selection directly.

Still, you need to pick the correct measure by which you want to filter your issues with the dimensions on pages: “Sprint” and “Project” (to select components). You can check sprint scope measures to see if “Sprint issues committed” or other would suit your use case: Jira Software custom fields

Or you can select measure “Issues created,” which will filter issues currently assigned to the sprint.

I would suggest using only two dimensions in rows: “Assignee” and “Issue,” and to display the rest of the information, use issue properties: “Issue type,” “Issue work type,” “Issue labels,” “Issue Original estimated hours” and “Issue hours spent”

Here is a sample report on how that could look:

best,
Gerda // support@eazybi.com

@gerda.grantina Thank you so much for your help! One of the things I’m hoping you can also provide clarity on is the Sprint dimension. When Sprint is selected as a dimension, will you only see hours that were logged on issues during the timeframe of the sprint or will you also be able to see time that was maybe logged after the timeframe of the Sprint. So say the date range of the Sprint is 1/1/2024 to 1/12/2024. If someone had a ticket they forgot to log time on and logged that time on 1/15/2024, would you still see that time accounted for in the report results with the Sprint dimension?