Infer "Team" Field from Portfolio?

I have a Project in a JIRA Cloud instance that has multiple boards organized using the “Team” field from Portfolio. Since the Team field is not available for import from JIRA Cloud into EazyBI, I am trying to find a way to infer that value – possibly using the [Sprint][Board] structure. However, the only sprint in the project is on the master board that includes issues assigned to all teams, so the other boards are returning no issue count. Is there another way that I can identify the list of issues that have been assigned to a specific Portfolio Team (i.e. board), without being able to access that field value directly?

Hi Bill!

Sorry for picking up your question so late!

For Jira Cloud, the Portfolio Team structure is recently changed in the Rest API. It is possible to use custom JavaScript code in your eazyBI advanced settings to redefine the Team field. First, in the Jira custom field list, find the ID of the Team custom field. Then add instead of NNNNN in all places within the following advanced settings:

#portfolio field Team
[jira.customfield_NNNNN]
name = "Portfolio Team"
data_type = "string"
dimension = true
javascript_code = '''
if(issue.fields.customfield_NNNNN)
 {
   issue.fields.customfield_NNNNN = issue.fields.customfield_NNNNN.title 
 }
'''

After updating eazyBI Advanced settings you will find the Portfolio Team among the list of all custom fields and, after the import, it will be in the custom field dimension list.

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

1 Like

Thank you so much! This worked perfectly, and has allowed me to enable a lot of reporting that JIRA still doesn’t support. I appreciate your help.

1 Like

Hello @lauma.cirule,

could you tell me what the quoted js part does?

I was hoping it replaces the ID by the name of a Team, but I am not sure if that is the purpose.
In eazyBI I only can see the Team IDs at the moment.

thank you and best regards,
markus

@markusd, you are guessing correctly! Currently eazyBI by default can read only the Team ID from the Portfolio team custom field. With the JavaScript we are modifying this default behaviour to get the Team title or the Name of the field instead.

1 Like

Hello Lauma,

oh that sounds great, we are using private eazyBI and I tried the following in the toml file, but I still only get the ID of a team … did I do maybe a mistake there?

# Portfolio field Team
[source_application.jira.site_PROD.customfield_11200]
data_type = "string"
dimension = true
multiple_values = true
javascript_code = '''
if(issue.fields.customfield_11200)
 {
   issue.fields.customfield_11200 = issue.fields.customfield_11200.title 
 }
'''

Big thank you in advance.

Best regards, markus

Hi @markusd!

This suggestion applies only to eazyBI for Jira Cloud. In Private eazyBI, the application is connecting directly to the Jira database to get the values (same as in Jira Server app) and should be getting the names instead of Team IDs by default.

Please remove this configuration and only leave the Jira database connection in toml file and do a full re-import in the account (Empty cube and import all issues again).
If you still get Team IDs instead of names, please contact me directly to support@eazybi.com with more details about your configuration (e.g. database type for Jira and eazyBI, toml file configuration, screenshots, etc.)

1 Like

Thank you very much :slight_smile: Yes with the database entry it works :slight_smile: I contacted the support for a related question on a field coming from a “not supported” add-on.
Thank you again. BR markus

1 Like

We recently added support for the Jira Portfolio custom field Team in the cloud. The field is available by default if portfolio data import in cloud account is enabled. We fixed the import of Team names, instead of Team ID there as well.

Daina / support@eazybi.com