Interval range for a calculated member

Hello all,

I would like to make a plot showing the amount of issues for which the difference between the resolved date and a custom date field lies within certain ranges. The ranges would come on the legend. For every period, this issues resolved in that period are included.

I managed to create a measure that calculates the difference between the two dates. At the moment, I`m taking the median to be able to show it in function of time.

Next, I want to include the variable ranges. I read that I need to do this through a Java script. But I`m not sure how to get started as my variable is not available in Jira. And I guess that I cannot simply transfer my MDX query to the Java script.

Is there anybody that can help me in transferring the MDX to the Java script?

Median(
Filter(
NonEmptyCrossJoin(
Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
[Measures].DefaultMember),
[Measures].[Issues resolved] > 0
),
DateDiffWorkdays([Issue].get(‘Required due date’),
[Issue].get(‘Resolved at’))
)

Thanks a lot,
Caroline

Caroline,

The solution for this use case is by building the custom interval dimension using a short Javascript code to calculate the time difference between the two dates during the data import.

Please, find an example in our documentation site of how to build such a dimension of durations:
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/custom-fields/javascript-calculated-custom-fields#JavaScriptcalculatedcustomfields-Customcalculatedfieldasanintervaldimension

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support