Issues by parent multi-select value

Hi!
I have a Jira report with custom dimension “Service(s)” in rows. The issue hierarchy requires this value at the Epic level and it is empty for child stories. I’ve seen options for “inheriting” the value during import but since it is a multi-value field I understand that does not work here. The sample image shows the “Open Actions” (aka Stories) measure in the (none) row, however I’d like to see that distributed into the rows below as appropriate. I’ve looked at similar topics here but can’t quite figure it out.

Hi @larryd,

I see two options. You can look at the linked community post where a similar use case is solved with a JavaScript calculated custom field - Applying Epic Components to all Child Tickets. You can look at the eazyBI documentation page for more details on JavaScript calculated custom fields - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/custom-fields/javascript-calculated-custom-fields.

The other option is defining a new calculated custom field that looks for the number of issues under Epics with the specified values for the dimension on rows. See the formula below:

--annotations.drill_through_non_empty = false
CASE WHEN
[Epic direction].Currentmember is [Epic direction].Defaultmember
AND
[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember is [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember
THEN
NonZero([Measures].[Issues created])
ELSE
Case when 
[Issue].CurrentMember.Level.Name <> 'Issue' 
then
NonZero(SUM(
Filter(
Descendants(
[Epic link].CurrentMember,[Epic link].[Epic]),
[Epic direction].Currentmember.Name MATCHES CoalesceEmpty([Epic link].CurrentMember.GetString('Epic Direction'),"")), 
([Measures].[Issues created], 
[Epic direction].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember) 
))
else
-- optimization for drill through:
Nonzero(
IIF(
IIF(
NOT isEmpty([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Epic Link')),
[Epic direction].Currentmember.Name MATCHES 
CoalesceEmpty([Issue].GetLinkedmember('Epic Link').Getstring('Epic Direction'),""), 0)
AND
isEmpty([Measures].[Issue resolution date])
AND
DateInPeriod([Measures].[Issue created date],
[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember) , 
([Measures].[Issues created],
[Epic direction].DefaultMember) , 0))
end
END

In the example, the dimension in rows is Epic Direction, and the number of issues is retrieved with the measure “Issues created”. Replace the Epic Direction dimension and property reference with Service(s). You may also want to replace the measure “Issues created” with “Open actions”. See the picture of the report below:

With the measure “Issues created”, non-Epic issues appear under the (none) member, just like in your case. With the calculated measure, all issues under Epics inherit the value from their Epic.

Visit the eazyBI documentation page for more details on defining calculated measures - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/analyze-and-visualize/calculated-measures-and-members.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com