Issues with other value than bookmarked are included in the report

Hi,

I’ve been working on a report to measure the ageing of our open defects in a specific state. Please find here the scenario.

• From all open defects in status -x- present how long they are in this state
  • For this purpose I would like to categorize them in ‘buckets’: count the issues in this status for <10 days, between 10-20 days, 20-30 days,…
  • I’m specifically interested in issues with a priority P2

To group the issues in those buckets, I’ve created a user-defined measure (not the most optimal way, but it should work):

1. Rows - [Measures]
    //Count issues in transition status for 10 days or less
    NonZero(
    Count(
    Filter(Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
    [Measures].[Workdays in transition status] <=10)
    ))

2. Columns: Project [select Project x] - Priority [select P2] - Status [select “Triage”]

3. Crosscheck: in the Rows I’ve also checked “Issues Created”

Observed behaviour:

• The total number of issues for the first group [less than 10 days] → 13 issues, across all categories 17 issues are returned
  • The total number for my cross-check value → 12 issues (expected)
    ==> Running a deep-dive learnt me that the 17 issues in the buckets also cover a set of issues with a different priority than the selected P2

Since the Issue created returns the expected value, I don’t see this as an import issue. Any clue what’s going wrong here.

After some investigation I found out that the issues with current Priority P3 have been receiving the status P2 and were in this [Triage] status.

For specific reasons these priorities have been reduced to a lower priority overtime.

Attempt to visualise this a bit:
[P2] – [triage] – [P3] – [status x] – [triage]
Due to the P2 status they had in the past, these have been included in the graphs.

==> What would be a good solution to avoid this behaviour, if this is considered as expected behaviour?

Hi @Stijn,

You can avoid such behavior by defining a new JavaScript calculated custom field - Current Priority. Please see an example with a similar problem with the Assignee dimension here - Calculated Measure shows issues that have moved issue types.

Also, if you are looking for the number of days issues spent in a particular status, use the Transition Status dimension. Otherwise, in the current report configuration, the Status dimension in report columns limits the result from issues currently in the “Triage” status. Please see more details on issue change history measures and dimensions here - Import issue change history.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Many thanks for the clarification - I’ll look into the example and try to adopt for our need.

On the use of Transition status vs. status I’m aware of the impact. For this very specific use case I’m looking into it was our intention to consider ONLY the issues which are currently in status X (this report allows Leads and triage teams to have an immediate focus on the relevant issues.