Jira 9 Guardrails

Hello together,

Jira 9 will bring Safeguards that - as far as I understand - limit history fetching. Will this impact eazyBI or is there a need for a specific version that needs to be deployed together with Jira9 so it won’t affect us?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracore/preparing-for-jira-9-0-1115661092.html
Preparing for Jira 9.0 | Atlassian Support | Atlassian Documentation
“Limit excessive activity with the Guardrails Tool”

Thank you for an answer,
Tobias

Hi @thv,

From the article, the history fetching is limited in the Jira issues view “Activity” tab, with the option to load more entries. This does not affect the eazyBI capability of importing Jira issues change history.
Also, the paragraph you mentioned, “Limit excessive activity with the Guardrails Tool”, seems to revolve around the allowed comment limit for issues. By default, eazyBI doesn’t import issue comments, so that also does not affect eazyBI functionality.

Let me know if I missed anything.
Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Hi @roberts.cacus after re-reading the article I tend to say that you are right and it only affects the frontend. I initially understood, that history access will be generally limited to some amount (iirc 500 entries or 1000 entries), but that’s not stated in that article. I wonder where I got this number from.