Jira Configuration - Metadata

Hi all,

As a Jira Administrator, I wonder If I can report on Jira Configuration.

For instance,

• List all projects assigned to a specific Workflow
  • List all active/inactive users.

Thank you!

Hi,

eazyBI Issues data model by default does not contain the data about the Jira Configuration or full information about the users.
There are options allowing to extend the data model with the additional data import, or you can create your custom data cubes (which I would prefer for your requirements). For any of this case, you would need to implement your data source and map the data into a data cube.

I tried a quick example of creating the SQL query to collect the data about projects and workflow schemas used in the projects:

SELECT pr.`pname`, wfs.name, 1 as count
FROM PROJECT pr, NODEASSOCIATION na, WORKFLOWSCHEME wfs
WHERE pr.ID = na.SOURCE_NODE_ID
AND na.SINK_NODE_ID = wfs.ID

Now I can define a new SQL data source and create a simple data cube from it. Here follows that data mapping screen for the query:

After the data import, I can create a report in the data cube to show the workflows and projects:

Similarly, you can use any other SQL statement for creating any custom data cube. Note that the SQL data can be extracted only from the Jira Server (we cannot access the Jira database in the Cloud), perhaps some REST API might be used in the case of the Jira Cloud.

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support