JQL equivalent using Filter function (and perhaps Sum funtion)?

I’m a new eazyBI for JIRA User, and wanted to duplicate this JQL snippet (“issuetype = Defect AND status in (Opened, Assessed, Analyzed”) in eazyBI. After watching some eazyBI training videos (nice job on the videos by the way) and looking at the eazyBI documentation, here is my solution:

1. created a new calculated member in the Status Dimension:
    Status_new_member

2. created a new Measure calculated member that uses the new Status calculated member in a Tuple:
    Measure_temp

I know I can do this same sort of thing using Page Filters, but wanted to use the Aggregate function along with the Measure Tuple.

My question: is there another way to this JQL equivalent functionality in eazyBI using the MDX Filter function (perhaps in combo with the Sum function)?

Regards,
Brian

Hi @BrianS,

You are on the right track in all your steps and assumptions. Great to see you have soaked up the knowledge we try to share through training videos! :slight_smile:

Using Aggregate(…) in the ‘list of value’ dimensions and then using these members in a tuple with the measure is the suggested and fastest way to do this with MDX.
You are correct that you could use a Filter and Sum a measure over a filtered set of issues, but that calculation should be reserved for more complex filtering requirements (with OR statements, for example). In this case, the tuple would work faster.

There was an excellent presentation about Translating JQL Queries to eazyBI Reports by Janis Plume in one of the eazyBI community days. If you like, you can go over the slides here: eazyBI Community Days, Day-2 Training Presentations.

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Hi Lauma,

Thank you for your response and suggestion on the Aggregate function in the ‘list of value’ dimensions. I will also look at the “Translating JQL Queries to eazyBI Reports” presentation link.

Regards,
Brian

1 Like