Label Update Dates

Hi
As I understand it Label can contain multiple values and within Jira it’s possible to see when any of the values where changed using the History tab. However, it looks like eazyBI does not capture these ‘change’ dates, making it impossible to capture how long a specific Label value was applied to the issue.

1. Is my understanding correct?
  2. Does anyone know of a workaround?
    Many thanks

You are correct, eazyBI does not capture and does not import any changes for multi-value custom fields. Currently, we do not plan updates here, as we have not identified any reasonable way for importing and storing those changes. However, we have this idea still in the back of our minds and I added a community vote to it.

Meantime, we suggest using some scripted fields in Jira to track changes for some Labels to support some specific scenarios. While we do not have any examples for Labels, here are some examples for using scripted fields.

Daina / support@eazybi.com

Hi @daina.tupule,

does that means it’s also impossible to order issues on a timeline by the date a specific label was added?

For example, BUG-1234 was created on july 10th and on august 5th label ABC was added.
By default, when filtering by label ABC, the issue will appear on creation date on the timeline. Without historical change for the Label field, would it be possible to order issues by label added date? So, following the last example, BUG-1234 would appear on August 5 on a timeline?

Thanks,
Marilou

Yes, you are correct. Currently, eazyBI will not import when the label is set for an issue. We are still pondering some possible options on how to support this. But we are not there yet.

Daina / support@eazybi.com

1 Like

@daina.tupule We are also interested in similar requirement. Do we have any updates around this?