Legend name customization

Hi,

I have the following graph, but the “Legend” title has no sense for the report audience.

On this image, I’m only interested to display the dimension “Partners”, the others are useless and have no meaning for the report audience.

Is there a way to change the legend, or hide some dimensions in the legend without affecting the graph?

Thanks

Hi @cdemez ,
Legend name is created based on your dimensions added in columns together with the measure you use.

To make more sense of the legend for your report audience, I would suggest one of the two options:

1. Moving dimensions “Project” and “Transition Status” to Pages and applying filters there. Leave the “Partners” dimension in columns as that is a value you group your values by and then you can create a new report-specific measure to give a more business-friendly name to measure “Transitions to status issue count” using this formula:
[Measures].[Transitions to issues count]

The report would look like this:

1. Create a report-specific measure that includes the measure “Transitions to issues count” together with “Transition status” value “Delivered” and “Project” value “Service Portfolio” using a tuple (I have an example with “Done” and “DEMO Beta”). Add the “Partners” dimension in columns. With this you don’t need to use dimensions in Pages.:
([Measures].[Transitions to issues count],
[Transition Status].[Done],
[Project].[DEMO Beta])

The report would look like the above report, but without dimensions in pages.

best,
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com

1 Like