Linked bugs and multiple types of links

Hi,

I have setup the linked bugs using the following to be pulled into the reporting data:

[jira.customfield_bugs]
name = “Bugs”
outward_link = “relates to”
inward_link = “is blocked by”
issue_type = “Bug”
dimension = true
multiple_values = true

So, if i want to include the potential for multiple outward or inward link types how would those need to be added to the code above - for example, if we also had an inward link of “blocks” what is the correct way to add that to the line above so it will pull either or?

I tried to add another one but it didn’t pull anything once i did that.

Thank you,
Dennis

Actually I believe i have it setup correctly now to pull the linked issues regardless of how they tie them together.

Code is now as follows:

[jira.customfield_bugs]
name = “Bugs”
outward_link = [“relates to”, “blocks”]
inward_link = [“is blocked by”, “relates to”, “blocks”]
issue_type = “Bug”
dimension = true
multiple_values = true

One thing i noted is we had an issue initially created as an “Improvement” instead of a Bug - when the issue type was moved to be a Bug instead the linked issue was not updated until the data set was refreshed without Bugs and then refreshed with the Bugs included.

So, it would appear for issue type changes the data set needs to be rebuilt to pick those up?

• Would that be a correct statement?

Thanks,
Dennis

Hi, @DennisT

It is great you solved the code part!

About your observations regarding linked issue type change: if something is changed in the linked issue (issue type), it does not affect the “parent” issue last updated date, which is the only indicator that the data for the “parent” issue should be updated and included in the next regular data import.

I suggest, whenever you change the issue type of the linked issue to Bug (or from Bug), also imitate the update of the “parent” issue, so the last updated date would be changed. Then the information about the linked issue would be imported during the next regular import. it would work fine if you change issue types rarely.

If linked issue type changes are frequent and regular, you may want to empty the cube and do full data reimport. But it can be quite slow for larger accounts, so I do not suggest it as the first option.

Best,