Logged Hours by Partner

I am trying to create a report for hours logged by partner. The partner field is a custom field in Jira and each user has to type in the partners name. When I tried to import it into EasyBi it only gives me the options to “import as property”. When building the report I can’t find the partner option anywhere. Would anyone be able to assist?

Hi @AnneDixon ,

Is the Partner field a text field? Are the values typed in freely by your users? In that case, eazyBI allows importing such fields as issue properties only by default - Main concepts. You can find them in Measures under the “Issues properties” section.

As you want to retrieve the number of hours logged for each issue with each Partner value, I recommend updating how eazyBI imports the field. One way is through the eazyBI advanced settings - use this if you want the field imported as a dimension in all of your eazyBI accounts.

The other option is adjusting the field import options in the “Source data” tab - use this option if the field is required as a dimension in this particular eazyBI account.

Whichever option you choose, set the field data type as string and enable the option to import this field as a dimension. The documentation pages should have all the information necessary to make the changes. Nevertheless, don’t hesitate to ask any questions you have here.

After making the changes, deselect the field from import and import data. After that, select the field back for import and import data. Finally, you should be able to use the field as a dimension in your reports.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com