Mapping Test Executions with Tests Xray, EazyBI

Hey :slight_smile:

I have a seemingly simple task, but I can’t achieve it.
I have to show all the blocked test cases in the test executions for a certain fix-version.

So, I tried building it with eazybi, but everytime the test executions is shown multiple times. So, instead of showing JQM-122 once as a row and the corresponding 4 tests, it shows 4 rows of JQM-122 and the corresponding 4 tests. I have no idea why and how I can fix this.

Thank you very mouch in advance,

best regards,
Abby

1 Like

Hi Abby,

I understand, that you would like to get all Tests Executions for a selected fix version and represent the count of Test with Blocked status for each execution.

You may set Xray Test Execution dimension as rows and select hierarchy level Execution. Then set Xray Test dimension as rows as well and select top hierarchy All Xray Tests. Use measure Xray Tests executed.
This way you will get one execution per row with the count of Blocked tests for that execution. To get a list of tests you may expand All Xray Tests or click on the measure and select option Drill through Test (see picture below).

Is this what you were looking for?

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Hey Zane,

this helps a lot, thank you :slight_smile:

But I still have the problem that I have the same test shown multiples times.

So for example in JQM-04 I have 4 Tests. One is blocked. In the Report it shows me 4 times the blocked Test with count 1.
I will try to make a screenshot, but maybe you have already encountered this problem?

best regards,
Anna

the black Box is just censoring stuff, but it is 4 times the same test execution.
When I drill into the test, it’s for all the 4 test execution rows the jqm-120, the one I am looking for.

Hi Anna,

It is not common that issues are duplicated in rows. From the screenshot, hard to tell whats happening in that report and why those lines are repeated.
Do other tests have the same problem or is this just one issue JQM-4?

Probably you could share report definition here or send to support@eazyBI.com?

Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Hey Zane,

here is the Report definition, I get the Issue with every TestExecution, not inly with JQM-4.
Again, thank you very mouch for your help.

{
“cube_name”: “Issues”,
“cube_reports”: [ {
“name”: “Blocked Test Cases pro Tet Execution”,
“result_view”: “table”,
“definition”: {“columns”:{“dimensions”:[{“name”:“Measures”,“selected_set”:["[Measures].[Xray Tests executed]"],“members”:[]}]},“rows”:{“dimensions”:[{“name”:“Xray Test Execution”,“selected_set”:["[Xray Test Execution].[Execution].Members"],“members”:[],“bookmarked_members”:[]},{“name”:“Xray Test”,“selected_set”:["[Xray Test].[All Xray Tests]"],“members”:[],“bookmarked_members”:[]}]},“pages”:{“dimensions”:[{“name”:“Xray Test Execution Status”,“selected_set”:["[Xray Test Execution Status].[BLOCKED]","[Xray Test Execution Status].[All Xray Test Execution Statuses]"],“members”:[{“depth”:0,“name”:“All Xray Test Execution Statuses”,“full_name”:"[Xray Test Execution Status].[All Xray Test Execution Statuses]",“drillable”:true,“type”:“all”,“expanded”:true,“drilled_into”:false},{“depth”:1,“name”:“PASS”,“full_name”:"[Xray Test Execution Status].[PASS]",“parent_full_name”:"[Xray Test Execution Status].[All Xray Test Execution Statuses]"}],“bookmarked_members”:[],“current_page_members”:["[Xray Test Execution Status].[PASS]"]},{“name”:“Fix Version”,“selected_set”:["[Fix Version].[Version].Members"],“members”:[{“depth”:3,“name”:“R18-0”,“full_name”:"[Fix Version].[JIRA Quality Management].[Unreleased].[R18-0]",“url_id”:14339,“parent_key”:“JQM”}],“bookmarked_members”:[],“current_page_members”:["[Fix Version].[JIRA Quality Management].[Unreleased].[R18-0]"]}]},“options”:{“nonempty”:true,“total”:“rows”},“view”:{“current”:“table”,“maximized”:false,“table”:{}}}
} ],
“calculated_members”: []
}

Best Regards,
Anna

Hi,
I have the same issue with Xray test execution.