Measures issues resolved vs closed

Hi there.
I am new to Eazybi and it has been difficult for me to establish the difference between Resolved and Closed measures, observing that there is a big difference between them. What measure should I finally take to measure the incidents completed in a specific period?2021-08-27

Hi @Catalina_Soto,

Measure Issues resolved is based on the resolution date assigned to each issue in Jira. In the report, you get a count of issues with resolution date in a selected period.
On the other hand, measure Issues closed is based on the last date issue entered in any status listed as Closed status in eazyBI import options.

Here are the options you may consider according to how the incident workflow is set up in your Jira.

1. If you set up the resolution date in Jira when an incident is completed, then you might want to user measure “Issues resolved” for your report (Jira Core measures and dimensions - eazyBI for Jira).

2. If you consider an incident complete when it enters a specific status and it might have some other status changes afterward, you might want to use measures “Transitions to status issues count” and “Transition Status” dimension to specify the status (Import issue change history - eazyBI for Jira).

3. If you consider an incident completed when it enters a specific final status, then you might want to define that status as closed and use measures “Issues closed” (Issues closed measure - eazyBI for Jira).

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

1 Like