Merging two dimensions together to create one calculated member

Hi EazyBI,

I have two dimensions, one is a project manager field and another is an owner field. I am looking to merge them together as one calculated member to display the reporting information. Right now if I pull the dimensions into a report it will show me all owners under all project managers, whereas I am looking to show all issues a person is an owner and project manager of and run measures from there.

Hi @dcachia

You can add both dimensions to Pages and use them as filters. Select the same user for both filters, and only issues corresponding to both of them will show up.

Another solution would be to define a new dimension in the Advanced settings by adding the following code that checks if the Issue has the same project manager and owner, if yes, then the value of this field would be the name of this user:

# Project manager is the same as the Owner
[jira.customfield_manager_owner]
name = "Manager and Owner"
data_type = "string"
dimension = true
javascript_code = '''
if (issue.fields.customfield_NNNNN && issue.fields.customfield_MMMMM &&
    issue.fields.customfield_NNNNN == issue.fields.customfield_MMMMM) {
  issue.fields.customfield_manager_owner = issue.fields.customfield_NNNNN;
}
'''

Replace the NNNNN and MMMMM with the ID’s of the Project manager and Owner custom fields (can be found in import options by hovering over the name). Save the settings, go to the import options, select this “Manager and Owner” field to import as a dimension, and trigger the import.

Now you can use this dimension to filter issues by users that are both the Project manager and the Owner of these issues.

Best regards,
Nauris / eazyBI