Monitoring you Jira like a master (eazyBI Community Days 2024 presentation)

Hi folks!

The following attachments are the exported definitions to create the sources and the reports and dashboards to have the data configurations of Jira that were presented in the eazyBI Community Days 2024.

The files can be found here: Bitbucket

• Source definitions:
    (Some Source Definitions have an order to import to follow)
    (The source URL must be changed to yours Jira URL)
    (The authorization parameters must also be set)

• Licenses:

• Jira: folders path source definition → license → Jira license management.txt
      • Confluence:
        • The ammount of Data Sources to add data to the cube will depend on what are the groups defined to grant access to Confluence. Here is an example considering two groups (“site-admins” and “confluence-users”). The groups you are using must be replace in the “groupname” parameter of the Source URL.
          folders path source definition → license → Confluence License Management - Group 1.txt
          folders path source definition → license → Confluence License Management - Group 2.txt
    • Fields:

• First import this definition: folders path source definition → field → Field Management - Main.txt
      • Then import this defintion to add more data in the cube: folders path source definition → field → Field Management - Complement.txt
    • Issue types:

• First import this definition: folders path source definition → issue type → Issue Type Managament.txt
      • Then import these other two to add more data in the cube (no specific order):
        folders path source definition → issue type → Issue Type Management - Issue Type Scheme.txt
        folders path source definition → issue type → Issue Type Management - Projects.txt
    • Issue Type Schemes: folders path source definition → issue type scheme → Issue Type Scheme Management.txt

• Issue Type Screen Schemes: folders path source definition → issue type screen scheme → Issue Type Screen Scheme Management.txt

• Statuses: folders path source definition → status → Status Management.txt

• Workflows:

• Active workflows: folders path source definition → workflow → Workflow Management - Active.txt
      • Inactive workflows: folders path source definition → workflow → Workflow Management - Inactive.txt
    • Workflow Schemes: folders path source definition → workflow scheme → Workflow Scheme Management.txt

• Dashboard/reports definition: folders path dashboard definitions → Dashboard - Jira Management.txt

Additionaly, I was not being able to create a “history” of those data. The REST API import was always only reflecting the current data of the Jira items configuration.

But thanks to the help of @janis.baiza we are now able to.

He created a custom javascript code that creates a source id column that can be used as a “Source id” to incremental imports.
I’ll now apply this javascript code in each data source and modify the reports. Once I do that I’ll post here the updated files!

Regards,
Rodrigo Kondo Fernandes