Need calculate monthly issue resolve count, and the time/effort associated with the resolved issues

Dear There,

I got a request here and I’m not sure how to calculate. We got a project with all kinds of issues, when they transit to status of “Pending Build”, it means they are “resolved”; after that they will transit to status “Closed”. They can go through “SQA Confirm” to “Closed” as well. Only “Pending Build” and “Closed” are considered “Resolved”.

There is also a “Original Time Estimate” (hours) and “Engineer” (users) associated with each case.

We now need to calculate, on monthly basis, for each “Engineer”, how many issues were “resolved”, and how many “original time estimate” were associated with those resolved issues.

Any comment please kindly help. Thanks!

OK I have fixed most part of it… see below latest copy… major problem

Resolved estimate hours – this is to sum up the total “original estimate” hours on all issues in the “issue resolved” column – but now it is clearly not correct. Could you help advise?

case when [Measures].[Issues resolved]>0
THEN
Sum(

{[Measures].[Issues resolved]},

[Measures].[Original estimated hours]
)
END

Dear @martins.vanags @zane.baranovska

Any advice on this one please?

I seem unable to add up the total “original estimate hours” for all issues resolved per month – while the total issue resolved per month is accurate.

This is very much key to our business… Please kindly advise. Thanks!

Regards,
Leon Li

Dear @martins.vanags @zane.baranovska

Any advice on this one please? It’s a bit desperate for me…

I seem unable to add up the total “original estimate hours” for all “issues resolved” per engineer per month – while the total issue resolved per month is accurate.

This is very much key to our business… Please kindly advise. Thanks!

Regards,
Leon Li

Hi @janis.plume @martins.vanags ,

I got some idea from other post and updated my calculation below, but still some results are not correct.

We use “engineer” in each issue to specify who resolved the issue, and allocate “original estimate hourse” on each issue. Now we need calculate, per each month, how many original estimate hours are resolved by each engineer.

Using the calculation below, some results are still not correct. Please kindly advise? Thanks!

Sum(
Filter(Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
[Measures].[Issues resolved]>0
),
([Measures].[Original estimated hours],
[Engineer].DefaultMember)
)

now I find the problem!

Original estimated hours
Total of original estimated hours. On the Time dimension grouped by issue creation dates.

This is not what we need… we need “On time dimension grouped by issue resolved dates”

How can I get “original estimated hours” with “time dimension grouped by issue resolved dates”?

@martins.vanags @janis.plume

I’ve got this resolved now following below post! Thanks!

1 Like