Need help! Capex or Opex based on Custom Field in Epic

I am very new to EAzyBI and would really like to solve this issue im having.

Context information: Our Epics in Jira currently have a custom field called “Stage” that helps us track if this Epic and its stories will have Cap-ex or Op-ex hours. Our Dev teams log hours in the stories that belong to those epics. The stories have an Epic Link that ties them back to the Epic.

I would like a report that shows me all the hours logged per user and whether they are CapEx or OpEx based on the link to the epic and the custom field “Stage”. Is this even possible? I dont know where to start. Please help! :slight_smile:

Hi @Edwin_Vasquez,
First of all - welcome to our eazyBI community! :slight_smile:

Regarding your question - it is possible by creating Issue link field issue. We have described how to do it with standard fields (fix version, labels) here in our documentation - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/advanced-data-import-options/issue-link-field-dimensions

You can see instructions there, but as you are interested in customfield “Stage”, then a little adjustment is needed for the code. Also, this eazyBI customfield will appear in data import customfield section (not in linked issue dimensions as it is in documentation).
Please change in the code below customfield ID number to yours. This code will work with single select customfield type.

#Epic customfield
[jira.customfield_edlevels]
name = "Epic link T-shirt size"
data_type = "string"
group = "Linked issue dimensions"
dimension = true
update_from_issue_key = "epic_key"
javascript_code = '''
if(issue.fields.customfield_11100 && issue.fields.customfield_11100.value) {
  issue.fields.customfield_edlevels = issue.fields.customfield_11100.value;
}
'''