Need help to create Release (Fix Version) Guideline (ideal remaining estimated hours to reach version end date)

Hello,
In my project, I use JIRA Tasks and Sub-Tasks and I plan them for my planned releases through the field “Fixed Version”.

I created an easyBI report to display the Remaining estimated hours and I am trying to create a “Release guideline” (ideal remaining estimated hours to reach version end date) in my report to have a forecast on the date when all my Tasks/Sub-Tasks will be finished.
This line shall compute a trend line based on the number of hours remaining in the specified Release. This would help me to see if the resulting date when remaining hours reach zero is matching with the date of my planned release.

I searched everywhere and tried many things but cannot succeed to do it.

I found solutions when you are using “Sprints” or “Story Points”, but not “Fixed Versions”.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks a lot,
Best Regards

Hi,

This report from our Demo account contains a prediction date calculation based on the story points.
https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/67366-version-report

It is possible to adjust the Predicted completion date to work with the Original estimates and calculate the predicted completion date for the remaining estimate. I tried the following approach for that.

1. Created a new custom measure for counting the Original estimates of resolved issues in the version:
    ([Measures].[Original estimated hours],
    [Resolution].[Done])

2. Created the predicted completion date based on the Original estimates resolution rate from the version start date and considering the remaining estimated hours:

Cache(
     Case when
       ([Measures].[Resolved estimates],
        [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember) > 0
        AND
        ([Measures].[Remaining estimated hours], 
         [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember) > 0
     Then
       DateAddDays( "Today",
       -- add days to reach this amount
       Cache(
       -- Remaining estimates as of today
         ([Measures].[Remaining estimated hours], 
          [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember)
           /
      -- divided by days performance
         Cache(
           -- currently resolved estimates
            ([Measures].[Resolved estimates], 
          [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember)
           /
           -- days till today
           DateDiffDays(
            [Measures].[Version start date], 
            "Today")
         )
       )
     )
     End)

Please, apply for support once you need further guidance to tune this formula for your report.

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support