Non-working days in Harvest data

Hi,

Is there a way to specify non-working days for the whole team (e.g., Bank Holidays) for data imported from Harvest?

Harvest itself doesn’t store this data, but it would be great if EazyBI allowed us to manage it.

Cheers,
Freddie

Hi @freedo50

Welcome to the eazyBI community.

Unfortunately, the option to specify non-working days is not available for the Harvest data source. We do have a feature request regarding that in our backlog, and I added your vote to it. However, it is still in the phase of gathering user interest. Thus I don’t have any estimates.

There could be cases where the lack of this feature can be overcome with calculated members in the Time dimension or calculated measures. Please share more details on your requirement, and I will try to help you.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Hi Roberts,

Thanks for the response.

The use case is as follows:

I have an existing report that I have built to calculate what % of their contracted hours my team members have logged in Harvest each week (weekly contracted hours = daily contracted hours * number of days). Currently both the daily contracted hours and number of days are hard-coded, however I’d like the number of days parameter to be decreased if there is a Bank Holiday in a given week.

If this can be achieved with an adjustment to the calculated measure, that would suffice until the full solution is built.

Cheers,
Freddie

HI @freedo50 ,

I apologize for the delay. I recommend using the DateDiffWorkdays() function for your requirement. In it, you can specify two dates between which you wish to calculate the difference in work days. In your case, it could be the start and end of the week.
In addition, the function accepts non-working day parameters. Those can be weekdays, like Saturday and Sunday, and specific dates - Bank holidays. So, for example, with default non-working days from Saturday to Sunday and some bank holidays, the calculated measure formula would look like the one below:

DateDiffWorkdays(
  [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember.StartDate,
  [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember.NextStartDate,
  '67, 2022-05-1, 2022-05-04, 2022-06-23, 2022-06-24'
)

See the result in a report:

Similarly, you can configure the recently introduced DateDiffWorkhours() function. See more details about both of them on our documentation page:

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Hi Roberts, that’s great thanks for your help!

1 Like