Possibility of having the name of the Epic showing

Good morning,

I would like if it is possible to have the name of the Epic appearing on the legend of the charts, or on the table, instead of seeing just the number of the Epic.

Thanks

Hi @Sara_Chaves,

Thank you for the question. I can recommend two options. The first is importing the “Epic Name” field as a dimension and using it instead of the Epic Link dimension in reports. To do that, add the following parameters to the eazyBI advanced settings:

# Custom field Epic name ID (different from Epic Link)
[jira.customfield_NNNNN]
name = "Epic Name"
data_type = "string"
dimension = true
update_from_issue_key = "epic_key"

Replace NNNNN with the ID of the “Epic Name” field. After updating the eazyBI advanced settings, you can immediately initiate a manual data import for the new dimension to show up. The field will not be visible in the Software field or custom field selection but will be imported automatically.

The second option is to replace the “name” part of the Epic Link dimension. The parameters below will replace the Epic issue summary with the “Epic Name” for the Epic Link dimension members:

# Show epic name in Epic Link dimension
[jira.customfield_MMMMM]
dimension_member_name = "epic_name"

Replace MMMMM with the ID of the “Epic Link” field. After updating the eazyBI advanced settings, run a manual import to update the Epic Link dimension.

Unfortunately, these changes don’t update the “Epic” level members in the Issue dimension “Epic” hierarchy.

Best,

Hello,

As per my chart above I have hierachy view of Initiative, epic to sub-tasks.

However on the far right last three columns I would like to see the name of these issues not the number.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!