Query against issue history

I have a need to create a report for the incidents I have that have been a P1 or P2 in their lifetime. The way in which we work with incidents is that they will be raised to a higher priority should they need to be, but then downgraded to P3 or below on occasion once immediate impact is over. I need to report on those that have been P1 or P2 in the past but all I can find (still very new to eazyBI) is bringing back the status that it is NOW (when closed). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi AnthonyB,

Are P1 and P2, et al, in the default Priority field or a custom field? If it’s a custom field you could import its change history and calculate against that.

https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/jira-issues-import/import-issue-change-history

Take a look at the section at the very bottom of that page.

Here’s more documentation on custom fields: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/custom-fields

If it’s the default Priority field then I believe you should be able to use the Issues history calculated measure.

Hope this helps!

– Malik Graves-Pryor

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

P1 and P2 are the default priority fields yes. How do I tweak the ‘Issues History’ calculated field to show the incidents that have been P1 or P2?

Hi @AnthonyB,

If you want to see all the issues that have been in either P1 or P2, you could create a calculated member that aggregates both priorities in one member:

Aggregate(
{
  [Priority].[P1],
  [Priority].[P2]
}
)

Then you can create a tuple with the Priority calculated member and the measure “Issues history”. All the issues that have been in one of those priorities, but are not in it now, will have a value “zero” with the Issues dimension in rows:

([Priority].[P1 & P2],[Measures].[Issues history])

Then you can filter the report on rows to display only issues whose value for this calculated measure has the value zero:

Kind regards,
Roberts // eazyBI support

This is great. Now in typical form, I need it to only show me issues that are closed/ resloved that have been P1 or P2. I have a custom field that is for issue end date and time. I’d like it to pull that information if possible to give the most accurate level of reporting I can get. Is that possible?