Release report with story and improvement and time

Hello!
I need to collect a report in jira eazy bi, which will show the following:

1. The number of releases in the period (more often a month)
  2. The number of Improvement and story in these releases
  3. Wasted time
    All this in the context of Epic
    Can you please tell me how to do this?
    I now have the following:

But here the tasks are considered incorrectly, because they are selected for the period, and not with reference to the release.

eazyBI will pull in any issue based on Pages selections. In this case, the report will show issues resolved in Q3 2021 for any released version, no matter when versions were released.

You can check out this example report in our demo account for inspiration. It shows released versions and issues resolved at the version release date on a timeline.

Here I updated formulas to match your use case:

1. Count versions released in the period based on the formula Version releases:
Count(Filter( 
    [Fix Version].[Version].Members,
  DateInPeriod(
    [Fix Version].CurrentMember.get('Release date'),
      [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember
    ) AND ([Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember,
      [Measures].[Issues created]) > 0)
)
  1. Use version releases to count releases in time. I used measure Resolved issues at the version release date for inspiration and updated it to count any resolved issues in this version no matter when they were resolved.
SUM(Filter( 
  DateInPeriod(
      [Measures].[Issues created]) > 0),
  -- resolved issues from this version
     ([Measures].[Issues resolved],
     [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember)
  )
  1. You can use the same approach as resolved issues in the version to count some time spent in the version. Please check the default measures that could indicate the time - Hours spent for logged time, Total resolution days, Days in transition status with some Transition status. etc. Here is a calculation example to count logged time in version:
SUM(Filter( 
  DateInPeriod(
      [Measures].[Issues created]) > 0),
  -- time in version
     ([Measures].[Hours spent], -- use any other measure here representing waste time
     [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember)
  )

Daina / support@eazybi.com

1 Like

Thanks a lot!
It turned out what you need!
Please tell me how to correctly calculate only certain types of issue (improvement, story only)?
When I use pages, in which I filter by Issue Type, then Time spent is also filtered by Issue Type. I need to get all the Time spent for the period

It seems the use case is more complex and we are missing some details to give you a more precise answer. Could you send more details on the use case to support@eazybi.com? Please share the report screenshot and report definition. Point me out what is still missing there or does not work as expected. We will lead you from there.

Daina / support@eazybi.com