Removing Duplicate Issue Names in chart

Hi all, I am new to EazyBI so I am a little confused on how accomplish the following

So I have a custom Dimension “Functional Category” inside that dimension I have many different categories. Inside those categories are Application Names. For example. Inside the Anti-Virus Category it lists McAfee 4 different times, because we have 4 issues with the same name McAfee.

Another example is in the Category of Runtime Libraries. We have a bunch of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables listed.

I am trying to figure out how to remove these duplicate names from the graph.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Hi @jg20,

From the screenshot, I can see the Functional Category dimension is the right-most dimension in the report. I can speculate whats more to the left, but from your description and the screenshot, I guess somewhere there is the Issue dimension.

In such a configuration, the right-most dimension in the detailed level will always be split for each member, even if they are the same member. Try moving the Issue dimension as the rightmost dimension. The Functional Category members will be grouped together for issues that have the same value. Please see two pictures below:

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

@roberts.cacus Thanks for responding. Sorry for a low effort post on my part. Let me try and give some more detail on what I’m trying to do.

This is with no Measure selected. What I am trying to accomplish is removing the duplicate application names from the list of Functional Categories. I blacked out info I didn’t want publicly seen, but shouldn’t effect the goal.

I tried creating a custom dimension while it does count what issues are duplicated by, it doesn’t remove the duplicate application name.

Hi @jg20,

How did you define the custom dimension? It is still unclear how both dimensions “Functional category” and “Non Duplicate Functional Category” correlate. What is the data source (Jira, Insight, SQL, etc.)?

Do the hidden parts of the Non Duplicate Functional Category dimension member names differ? For example, the “… Microsoft SQL Server”?

If you are not comfortable sharing more details on a public forum, you can drop us a line at support@eazybi.com to continue the discussion.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com