Roadmap creation: Gantt/Bar Chart to display our Epics (deliverables) with dates

Hi
I am looking to create a roadmap. So the way I have everything set up is with our Epics (which are our project deliverables) and then I have the following transitions. Backlog → In Progress → Blocked ->Done.

What I’m trying to achieve is to have the following displayed. Show all Epics with the start date (when the epic transition first moved from Backlog->In Progress), then show the end date (show ‘issue resolution date’ …so that’s when it goes from In Progress-> Done…but if that is blank [which can be the case if the project is in In Progress], then show ‘issue due date’).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s an example of data:
The projects that are currently In Progress are the ones that have no “resolution date” (because transition has not moved from In Progress-> Done), so right now it’s blank. I would like to bring in the “Issue Due date” which will at least give us a prediction of when the project will be completed by.

Epic 1: project A ||| In Progress ||| Oct 28, 2021 ||| ___________
Epic 2: project B ||| In Progress ||| May 8, 2021 ||| ____________
Epic 3: project C ||| Done ||| May 4, 2021 ||| Sep 4, 2021

Hi,

The following custom measure will show the Due date for the issue if the date of specific transition is empty:

CASE WHEN 
IsEmpty(
 ([Measures].[Transition to status last date],
  [Transition].[In Progress => Done])
)
THEN
  [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.GetDate('Due date')
ELSE
  DateParse(([Measures].[Transition to status last date],
  )
END

This formula expects you to use the standard hierarchy of the Issue dimension in your report or the roadmap items from the lower level of the Epic hierarchy.

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

Awesome that works!!! appreciate you helping me.

So I realized that at one point I changed the transition name, so not all my Due dates are showing.
I used to have a transition “To be done”. So it was transition from “to be done” → “Done”.

Currently I have “In Progress” → “Done”. This field works and is showing.

I added in to say look at the in progress to Done, OR the “to be done” to Done transition. Something is wrong with my formula though.

CASE WHEN
IsEmpty(
OR
[Transition].[To be done => Done])
)
THEN
[Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.GetDate(‘Due date’)
ELSE
DateParse(([Measures].[Transition to status last date],
)
END