Roll up Reporting on Time to First First Assignee

Hello,

I have figured out how to get a measure for the time to first assignee on an individual issue but not at a project level.
Essentially I would like to be able to see the Average of the amount of time it takes between an issue being created and it being assigned. I was able to accomplish this by the following:

First Assignee Date

TimestampToDate(
  (
    [Measures].[Transition to first timestamp],
    [Transition field].[Assignee],
    [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember
  )
)

and then …

Time to First Assignee Workdays

DateDiffWorkdays(
  [Measures].[Issue created date],
  [Measures].[First Assignee Date])

But this only allows me to see the measure when I am looking at individual Issues. I’d like to see something like what I see on this eazyBI sample: Time to resolution Cumulative issues by request type - Issues - Jira Service Management Demo - eazyBI where you can see by request type the amount of time. I am not looking for cumulate time, just averages by project and/or request type (CF).

Is this possible?

Right now it is all blank. If I add issue in as a Row then it has the time at the issue level but not at the project level. When I do an average with Time to First Assignee Workdays it still does not work. Ideas?

Hi @pswaim

Welcome to the eazyBI community!

You are on the right track with the days to the first assignee calculation! Currently, it works only when you have issues selected in the report because you use the issue property “Issues created date” which is available only if there is an issue selected.
To make it work in other cases, you need to iterate through all issues, calculate this duration on issue level, and then get the average over the issue set. You can do that, using the function Avg(); for creating the issue set, use Descendants().

Avg(
 Filter(
  Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
  DateBeforePeriodEnd([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Created at'), 
   [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)),
 DateDiffWorkdays([Measures].[Issue created date],
  [Measures].[First Assignee Date])
)

This calculation iterates through all imported issues therefore might be slow. Depending on the report where you use this calculation, the formula might be optimized. Let me know if it is needed!

Best,
Ilze, support@eazybi.com