Scatter chart with cumulative score

Hello,

I’m trying to create a chart presenting a set of issues (epics) by their target end date and simultaneously its cumulative score.
Something similar to this:

But this time I have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

I’ve been able to pull out a line chart to present the cumulative score based on monthly progress (issue target end dates) and issue RAG Status. But something is incorrect, as the 3 lines (rag status) doesn’t start at the same point.
I believe the issue is in the “Date” filter selected, but I’m unable to figure out how to fix it.
This is the formula used to compute the high-level confidence line (that works as expected):

-- annotations.group = progress chart
aggregate(
Generate(
    ChildrenSet([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember),
    Descendants([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember, [Issue].[Issue])),
    CASE --[Measures].[Issue status] = 'Done'
      DateBeforePeriodEnd([Measures].[Issue Target end], [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)
      WHEN [Measures].[Issue RAG Status] = "Red" THEN 3
      WHEN [Measures].[Issue RAG Status] = "Amber" THEN 3
      WHEN [Measures].[Issue RAG Status] = "Green" THEN 4
      END
)

But when try to adjust it for the medium-level is simply fails

aggregate(
Generate(
    CASE 
      DateBeforePeriodEnd([Measures].[Issue Target end],[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)
      WHEN ([Measures].[Issue RAG Status] = "Green") or ([Measures].[Issue RAG Status] = "Amber") THEN 4
      END
)

Immediately assuming all RED rag status with a value of 4 regardless of the defined target end date

by default, all features have a value of 3. Such value should only change after the target end date is accomplished
Any idea where is the problem ?

I was able to overcome the issue in the formulas and fix the score over time (Line chart).

So, now is where I’m completely blocked. Any idea how to add the epics to the chart based on their target end date?

Hi
Try this formula with a numerical measure for the report context.

Sum(
Filter(
DescendantsSet([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
[Measures].[Issue type] = "Epic"
AND
DateBeforePeriodEnd([Measures].[Issue Target end],[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)
),
CASE WHEN
Cache(
Sum({PreviousPeriods([Time].CurrentHierarchyMember),
[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember},
[Measures].[Issues with Target end]
)
)>0
THEN
CASE
WHEN ([Measures].[Issue RAG Status] = "Green") or ([Measures].[Issue RAG Status] = "Amber") THEN 4
END
END
)

Martins / eazyBi

Hi Martin,
It doesn’t fit the purpose of the formula, cause it ignores the period until the target end date is achieved.

I’ve adjusted the initial formula to:

-- annotations.group = CSB 
aggregate(
Generate(
    IIF(DateBeforePeriodEnd([Measures].[Issue Target end], [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember),
      IIf([Measures].[Issue RAG Status] = "Red",3,4),
      [Measures].[Control Score])

))

Please export and share the definition of your report.
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/create-reports/export-and-import-report-definitions

Martins / eazyBI